Sunday, August 2, 2015

Nate's Awesome Progress

So as we know, things are pretty unpredictable when it comes to Nate.  Pretty big puzzle we're all still trying to figure out some days.  I just want to give you an idea of what he's learned in the past week.  WEEK mind you!

  • To walk more steady
  • to practically run
  • to walk backwards -- never did this before
  • to turn in circles
  • follow simple commands
  • throw a wickedly awful temper tantrum b/c we won't let him play in the water
  • playing in the toilet
  • spinning the toilet paper till it's gone
  • climbing upstairs (yes, for real!)
  • grabbing things off counters knocking them over
  • moving around obstacles
  • bending down to pick something up and coming back up
  • open lever doors to the outside
  • turn on stove knobs

And I am sure I forgot a few.  But this was truly in the last week.  I showed some video on Facebook.  Don't have it here as it's on the ipad.  The personality change in him is something else.  we are praying this lasts.  If he has angelman's syndrome, I've heard from other parents about great sudden gains and then major regression.  Pray this continues.  I love it.   We have had to go this weekend and baby proof the house more as he is now toddler to the extreme.  It's insane I tell you.  But soaking it all up.  Oh, and he's learned about the mouse on my computer. What a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment