Monday, July 27, 2015

Quick Question for You

Okay, asked on Facebook earlier today but figured I'd ask here as well.  I have been asked to do a write up on FASD.  Not from a professional standpoint...there's plenty of those.  But from a parent stand point.  If it were you adopting a child with FASD, what would you want to know?  It can be anything.  I want this to be a comprehensive piece yet it can get but so long.  What are some things  you wished you would have asked?  What were some things you wished someone could have told you in advance?  Really, anything?  Would like to pull some real questions that people often ask me but also want to hear questions that others may have.  So, please shoot some my way if you feel inclined.  I would greatly appreciate it.  I'll post it on here I suppose when I'm done.  And again, this is just a parent answering questions, not a psychologist.  And I am rather, umm, brutally honest when it comes to dealing with certain issues so we'll see how this all turns out.  Writing tomorrow while Logan's in surgery.  Have to be there at 6:30 am!  Yikes!  Too early for me.  He is first on the docket at the hospital so really can't be late.  More real posts later.  Just wanted this question asked. 

1 comment:

  1. I am not adopting but I am a teacher and my questions are about learning and similarities. How does FASD affect learning and does it look similar in all children or is each child quite different?

    ReplyDelete