Thursday, October 30, 2014

MRI/ EEG today

This will be super short as it is 11:47 at night and Little Guy is still up.  They told us he may or may not be up all night.  Well, definitely seems like he'll be up all night long.  If you see a zombie around here tomorrow, I assure you, it's me.  I am dead beat tired and we can not sleep.  Screaming.  And we know it is the medication.  Which brings me to today.  Our Little Guy had a sedated MRI/ EEG.  Trouble was, it almost did not happen.  They had a great amount of trouble getting him out.  And I mean a lot of trouble.  Fighting it was an understatement.  Like it had no effect on him.  A final drug that usually knocks people out w/in a minute, took him ten minutes and even then, he was still restless.  The team was great and really made a rush to get it done as we were all afraid it wouldn't last.  Doc even noticed some seizure activity during the MRI.  We saw them do the EEG and it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out that screen was really active.  But, we all went in knowing he most likely had seizure activity so no surprise.  Just was shocking to watch how much.  No, we can't read it but not hard to figure out.  Plus, you see the reaction on the people's faces' there. 

We received no results today.  Not sure when we'll get them.  Ready to hear about the MRI.  Also, looking like we may need to see a cardiologist.  All of us were watching the monitor.  Now, the telemetry machines I can read!  See, that major in college came in handy for something.  LOL.  Doc really listened to him and thought she heard a murmur.  Now, other docs we've seen have given him a quick listen and have not heard anything.  So, no telling but always better to be safe than sorry so calling cardiologist next week.  We were starving by the time we got home.  Unfortunately, I didn't think we'd be there all day.  Got home after 7pm.  Fish sticks.  You know, that last resort 'meal.'  After grilled chicken, homemade mashed potatoes and corn last night, none of us wanted to eat.  Call it taking one for the team.  Kids went to youth group and enjoyed it.  The three boys had to miss tae kwon do. There was just no way to make it on time.  Overall, busy day but we got done what needed to be done.  Now, focus shifts to the upcoming trip.  Wahoo!!!  Tomorrow, only house guest has dance.  Since the homeschoolers hung out with friends today and played and went to youth group, now it is make up school time tomorrow.  I'm sure they'll be thrilled.  Hey, has to be done.  More posts to come tomorrow. I just didn't realize today would wipe me out and that we'd be at Duke all day long.  Now, to wait for answers.  The hardest part for any parent.

No comments:

Post a Comment