Thursday, September 18, 2014

Blessings Abound!

There have been so many blessings lately.  Truly, there have and too many to list.  From friends simply lending an ear to friends taking the kids to enjoy a day out.  We have the most amazing friends here that understand our family dynamics and our children.


A friend recently brought a variety of bread over  which was really sweet of her to do.  As you can imagine, bread typically gets eaten rather quickly in this house. 


Last week, Ms. Cathy brought over some of her delicious creations.  Just tons of food.


Pasta with meatballs, homemade soup, homemade cookies and garlic bread.  All eaten and all truly enjoyed.  Nik is ready to dig in in this picture.  

Now, just this week, even more blessings.  A friend of a friend had given us everything needed to start cloth diapering.  Since Little Guy will be in diapers for quite some time, this will help keep costs down.  The other day I had posted on FB about Alex and Logan needing shoes.  Okay, so let me explain that one first.  They did NOT tell us their shoes were getting too small or worn out.  Assumed w/ the piles up there, they were fine.  Other day, they came saying they had no shoes that fit them.  They said I threw out their sneakers. I did, they were totally worn out.  However, I did not know the rest of the shoes didn't fit them!  Literally left w/ one pair.  It was crazy.  They still have that orphanage mentality ingrained in them not to say when things are too small or what have you.  Hence, why every season I do a check of what fits.  I hadn't gotten around to doing all the shoes yet.  Anyhow, a friend of mine told me to meet  her at Shoe Carnival.  Bought both the boys new shoes!  In addition, came home to a bag full of more sneakers.  Huge blessing.  Told them next time they best tell me.  Shoot, those feet should be about done growing at this point.  I remember one year one of my girls never told me their shoes were getting too tight.  And mind you, this was in a matter of a 2 month time period.  They grew from size 3 to size 5!  

Just nice to have understanding friends and even friends from afar step in and help from time to time.  Can't wait to pay it forward one of these days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment