Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Mom to the doc

Most women as mothers tend to put themselves last on the doctor list.  I'm no exception to that.  So recently, as a friend of mine was diagnosed with breast cancer.  I decided I needed to make some appointments if for nothing else, a small peace of mind.  So, that reminder letter I got back in November for the mammogram, I finally called on.  Got it done.  Results are normal.  No biopsies needed, no lumps, clear.  This was awesome news as I've had biopsies in the past so you just never know.  Healthy on that front.  No pun intended. 

Next was today.  Cardiologist.  Now, some may know, some may not.  My family heart history is not the best in the world.  So, a few years ago, did a pre-emptive strike.  Started seeing a cardiologist.  Had high bp, tachycardia, arrhythmia.  All very common in the heart world.  Well, today had my checkup with my cardiologist.  BP was 117/ 82.  Wahoo!!!  NO signs of tachycardia or arrhythmia.  Another Wahoo!!!  He said your EKG isn't just clear, it says NORMAL.  He said rarely do we get normal.  I was ecstatic going out of that office high fiving the nurses in the back.  LOL.  Don't have to go back for a whole year.  Another check up checked off my list.

My eyes I actually do get checked out every summer and get glasses as I go.  No biggie there.  When you wear glasses, you actually tend to go regularly.  As do my kids.  Doesn't hurt that our eye doc lives on our street.  And his secretary is fantastic at reminding us.  

Tomorrow is ortho for me.  I did steroid shot in my knee years ago.  Haven't done it since b/c honestly, hasn't really bothered me too much.  But, that is not why I'm going.  This time, my left wrist has been bothering me for a little while.  Hurts but not excruciating, cracks when I move it, and is swollen.  Hoping for another clear by ortho.  Maybe a sprain or bruised it or something.  I totally want to be 0 for 3 this go around. 

Just want to say it is important as the mother of many children to at least keep up with your own doctor appointments from time to time.  Very happy it went so well and that we are all for the most part healthy.  I even get to start running club with my kids on Tuesday.  Should be interesting to say the least.  More posts a little later.  Just finished reading to Sofie.  Warren is helping Nik with homework and Yana is now reading to Summer.  We're all getting things done thank goodness.  Dinner is done and chores are getting there.  Having chore trouble lately and unmotivated teens.  Hmm. Working on that one.  Got to get going and finish up some other items on my list.  Just had to share good news for me.  Wish me luck tomorrow. 

1 comment: