Monday, November 11, 2013

What I Wouldn't Give


What I Wouldn't Give


What I wouldn't give for one more day,
just to have you stay.

What I wouldn't give to see your face,
to see all that amazing grace.

What I wouldn't give for one more touch,
to let you know I love you that much.

What I wouldn't give for one more kiss,
to see what I truly do miss.

What I wouldn't give for just you.
If you could only know I love you too.

What I wouldn't give to fill my heart.
Oh God, why'd they tear us apart!

What I wouldn't give to stop your sisters' tears,
and give you peace for all your fears.

What I wouldn't give to let you know,
My love for you will always grow.

Yes, what I wouldn't give for just one more day,
For you to tell me you can always stay.

What I wouldn't give for you to be here?
Why everything I have my dear.

Written from a Mom's broken heart.  For those unaware, houseguest has left us yet again.  This time, forever.  Devastation doesn't even begin to describe our emotional pain our family is feeling.  This all transpired yesterday and is why the blog has been so quiet.  What I wrote above is just something I felt this morning.  Yes, I know I am definitely not a poet.  LOL.  I had to express something though.  Our family will need time and space to grieve  a loss.  We are beyond deeply saddened by this turn of events.  It's a pain so deep, so real, you just can't describe it unless you live though it.  A pain that truly will last forever.  Never will we forget our youngest.  She fit in SO well with this family.  For one time, we truly felt complete as a family, everyone had their place and the love was great.  Last two times she left, it never ever felt right again till she came back.  So safe to assume it will never ever feel right for the rest of our lives.  We are trying to come to terms with it all.  The why part is so hard b/c we really have no answers.  

Right now, we must focus on our lives and our kids at home.  We have had wonderful friends come to help us out w/ multiple grieving children.  We have a friend sending a care package to help get their minds off things.  People taking them places.  A dear friend brought us a meal last night.  We are very thankful and blessed to have such great support.  With that said, we will all get through this.  But someone having to grieve the loss of the same child three times in a year is more than some of us can bear right now.  To say we miss her would be a grave understatement.  We will always, always love her.  Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time.

2 comments:

  1. This breaks my heart. I am praying for you, Warren, and the kids, including House Guest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph, I'm sorry doesn't seem like enough, but...I'm sorry. My prayers are with you, Warren and the whole family. So hard to believe God has a plan in this, but know that He can truly make beauty come from hurt. Hold on tight to that. Blessings~Ginger

    ReplyDelete