Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Miscellaneous Pictures

I know I'm still way behind on posts but hey, it's a holiday week.  Yes, that's the lame excuse I'm using this go around.  Really though, getting caught up with things around here and trying to get through IEP meetings and schedule surgeries.  Thought I'd do a quick post between cooking & cleaning  w/ a few miscellaneous pictures.


Do I tell you all how much they loved these teeth?  Gross but they loved them.  


Okay, so we don't have a basketball goal yet.  Someone gave us a little tykes one.  The older boys 'modified' it to fit over our fence post.  Actually, it works.  LOL.  I think a basketball goal needs to be on the Christmas Wish List.


Wait, you mean I get a cookie too?


Heaven...fresh chocolate chip cookie.  


Every Wednesday I take the kids to story time at a local church.  They play w/ other preschoolers and just have fun.  Past Wednesday, they made the cute Pilgrim hates and received that little Mayflower boat filled w/ Reeces Peanut Butter cups.  Cute!


Sofie being Sofie.  Yes, she'll be getting that hair cut this weekend.  My shaggy girl.  She even got a sticker from story time that day.  Thursdays we go to the bouncehouse and Fridays are parks w/ friends and such if weather permits.  Though, must say the last few Fridays we haven't had the chance to go.

I have thoughts about Common Core but I will keep those to myself.  You can easily know I HATE it.  The garbage my kids are coming home with is just simply put ridiculous.  Bojan made principals list, has always pretty much been A/ B student and has absolutely no IEP.  Pretty bright though smart alec.  Typical teen.  Anyhow, this was a sentence he wrote the other day.  Soak that up.  He's 14yo and in 8th grade for goodness sakes!  Stop dumbing down the kids.  And now, mouth shut.  BTW, he's begged to be homeschooled for the last part of middle school b/c as he puts it, tired of being around morons mom.  Don't even get me started how they're teaching math now.  Even Bojan said "Mom, what happened?  They did NOT teach this way even when I went to school two years ago."  Yep, even the kids are noticing the difference.  And I'm done w/ Common Core topic and having to make tough decisions regarding my kids' education.  


Well, can we say at least it's not Naked Ken?


What the kids wanted to do the last night house guest was here.  They ended up watching a movie, dancing, playing w/ glow sticks and just having a good time together.  I was thankful for that.  And you know if you put a mattress on the floor its bound to be more fun than if its on the bed.  LOL.


Someone had given us this Lobster.  Gigantic Lobster.  Nik absolutely LOVES it and sleeps w/ the thing.  Kid you not. 

Today we've been hanging out at home this day before Thanksgiving.  We cleaned up.  Now, doesn't look like it. Got to love that part.  Everything has been mopped and scrubbed.  Well, upstairs still has much to be desired.  We'll get it though.  Then the baking began.  Wasn't bad till the kids decided the cookies were for THEM today.  URGHH!!!  Not sure how much we'll be left tomorrow for Thanksgiving guests but we're giving it a good shot.  Had the big turkey thawing since Sunday in the fridge.  Still frozen. Dummy me forgets we have that subzero freezer so takes everything longer to thaw.  It's on the counter now.  It will be fine.  Looks like we'll have a few other families here and can't wait.  Truly, think it will be a blast.  

Went to doc today.   Respiratory/ congestion type infection.  He said my throat looked raw.  Yeh, feels it too.  Not contagious so life goes on!  MUST keep everyone healthy this season due to Warren and Alyona's surgeries.  In addition, have a feeling Reni may need tonsils out as well.  That would mean 3 surgeries in December.  Hey, we go with the flow here.  But, I may need help making this flow better.  Waiting for Warren's confirmation date on surgery.  IF his is the same time as Alyona's, that will get a bit more complicated.  And, there are just 2 dates for him.  One of those dates is when Alyona's is.  We told them we really can't do that but not up to us.  So, as  you can imagine, just about everything has to get done this weekend.  Decorating and putting up the tree on Friday.  Shopping on Saturday for our monthly groceries.  Following weekend, family coming for a gathering Saturday leaving us just Sunday to do Christmas shopping before Warren's surgery (or at least the date we're hoping for).  Throw in a few band concerts, doc appointments, school IEP's, school events, and much, much more and well, you have a very busy month ahead.  I dare say I'll be lucky to get Christmas cards out.  So if you don't get one, don't feel slighted.  LOL.  As always, we'll get it all done, put it in perspective and have fun while doing it all.  Or at least try too.  Excited about this upcoming holiday season.  Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day everyone.  Should have some pics up tomorrow.  Need to get three kids a haircut.  Adding it to that list.  Oh, and suggestions for group gifts welcomed.  I am fresh out of ideas.  And must be reasonable.  And, NO PETS!  Though Irina's wish is a chinchilla this year.  Every year there seems to be some type of pet request for Christmas.  I think I need to get them all pet rocks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment