Sunday, September 22, 2013

Budding artist, bug bites, banners and a bath

Been a busy weekend.  Want to do a separate post on Yana turning 18yo today.  Working on it.  For now, a few other things happening around here.  Last week, school called me. 


Okay, this was Nik the night before he went to school.  Ignore the expression b/c he was laughing right before I took this.  His new trick is to make faces before I snap the camera.  See, we had gone to the lake and he played outside the whole day the next day.  All mosquito bites.   Gave him benedryl and put lotion on them.  He woke up, many were quite reduced, some lumps gone.  So, sent him to school.  They call me and tell me he's itching and was not doing work.  Umm, tell him to stop scratching.  See, he & Reni are currently in the same class.  His interpreter brought him up to the office.  They said legally, they can't make me take him home b/c he has no fever.  But, he's not getting work done.  Fine.  My friend ran to go get him b/c I was getting ready to leave to get Little One's g-tube removed.  Literally leaving.  Reni said later "but Mom, he wasn't even itching in class."  Well played school, well played.  I understand he's deaf, FASD, and autistic.  But currently, the school has him placed in regular ed w/ pull outs in resource class, despite my pleas for self-contained.  They said legally(they LOVE this word!), they can't put him in self-contained till all testing is through.  Separate post on that soon too.  I just think this was a day where maybe they didn't want to deal w/ him?  Not sure.  Only going by the fact they sent my son home w/ bug bites, he didn't itch NOT once in the car w/ my friend nor once home.  In addition, Reni said he wasn't itching in class.  And btw, the bites did NOT look like the picture above.  Not by a long shot.  Even the speech therapist that comes to our home said that is just ridiculous.  He didn't itch for her either.  Again, only speculation and can only go by what I'm told.  He laughed the whole time at home.  Said "no school!  No school!"  He tried to itch the next morning and I said I'm NOT picking you up today if you do.  If he could say "aww shucks," he would have. 


Nik's back.  Not as bad as the front.


 Alyona is taking a homeschool art class w/ others every Tuesday here.  Recently, she finished her painting.  I think she do very well.  Alyona did get help w/ this but also did a lot herself as well.  Was very proud of her for attempting something way outside her comfort zone.  I'm going to find a frame for it.  It's 11 X 14.  Looking at the Goodwill this week and a few other places.  If we get the chance this week.  Wood love to have it done for her when she gets back from the hospital. 


This was the finished piece.  Closer look.


Very sweet.  A friend of Alyona named Ally, was sweet to make her this banner for the upcoming surgery.  Alyona really did appreciate it.  She loved it.  Alyona typically has a very hard time with surgeries.  If anyone would like to send her a get well card to read, I'm sure she'd love it.  Give her something to do.  She'll be in the hospital for 4 days.  She is starting to get nervous.  


Yesterday, we decided to stay home.  Relax.  Girls were driving me nuts in the afternoon so I finally said yes, you can go out and play but only on the playground.  Not in the front yard.  We can see out to the back from about anywhere in the house but not so much in the front yard.  Anyhow, I failed to realize the torrential down pour from the night before which turned the sand box into a mud pit.  It did not stop my girls.  Little One above was dirtier in the front but can't show her face quite yet.  Her, Summer and House guest were beyond dirty but had the biggest smiles on their faces.  In the tub they went.  I know my kids love to be outside but some days, a movie watching day would be nice.  Hey, but how often do little kids truly get to make real mud pies?  Not often enough imo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment