Monday, August 26, 2013

Manic Monday

Already Monday.  So hard to believe.  At some point, we'll have to catch up on the weekend.  For now though, a little of what's happening around Chaos Manor this week.

  • First day of school for many today
  • Alex & Logan still can't enroll
  • Went to bank
  • Houseguest will be coming back tomorrow to stay
  • Started babysitting today
  • Dogs still need that bath
  • Dogs have completely stopped eating themselves raw (Advantix folks!)
  • Rescheduled 6 dental appointments
  • Rescheduled my cardio appt.
  • Cancelled Alyona's appt. at Shriners since they can't do anything till tethered cord taken care of
  • Cleaning up yard today
  • Wrote two IEP requests
  • Nik asked Reni to help him at school today
  • Yana's birthday is next in September
  • Still undecided about our beach trip this coming weekend (separate post on that later)
  • Cleaning out RV today
  • Prepping RV just in case
  • Still trying to sell some items around the house and clear the clutter
  • Need to analyze all kids' clothing and see what each one is missing
  • If I had a never ending staples card and shoe carnival card, I think we'd be in business (LOL)
  • Kids cleand up yesterday
  • Calling courthouse to check on Little One's status for adoption (getting closer to being official!)
  • New homestudy done & received last week for houseguest
  • Filing at courthouse this week 
  • Irina and Warren fixed the washer that was dead this weekend
  • Got paper organized this past weekend
  • I owe my kids money (yeh, don't ask.  Ever borrow from  your kids for something & regret doing that later?  And why didn't I just go to the bank?? )
  • We need quite a few new twin mattresses.  I've asked multiple places if they'll cut us a deal.  Nope.  Not even if you buy in high supply.  All claim their prices are the lowest.  Yeh, that's a lie!  So, any good ideas, please let me know.  I know we can't do it now.  We replaced partial ones last year.  
  • Made cake for back to school
  • Yana staying after school to see about cross country
  • Summer excited about Kindergarten but doesn't start until the 9th of September
  • Working on Alyona's homeschool stuff
  • Tons going on in September
  • Seeing about kids doing Awanas this year
  • Scheduling Bojan's casting appointment.  They'll come to the house now!  Wahoo!!!
Much, much more going on but those are some of the highlights.  I'll get a post done later about what all we did this past weekend.  The kids are beyond thrilled about tomorrow.  Though despite our excitement and happiness, we must remember, this is a closing chapter for another family and they are grief stricken.  I will not write about any of those situations because that is not for public knowledge.  However, I do think it is important in the adoption community to know rehoming happens more often than we'd like to think about.  Again, I don't want to get too deep into things but would love to write generally one day about this topic as I think it's critical for future adoptive parents.   Well, do need to go.  Need to make the icing for the cake welcoming them back to school.  I must say, I REALLY miss them today.  Not so much the older teen as there comes a time in life when they're becoming more independent and we need to foster that.  Plus, I'm used to them hanging out with friends or working.  But Reni and Nik, that's another story.  And boy, when Summer starts I may really be going a little nutty.  Who knows.  For now, enjoying the kids I have at home.  Summer, Logan and Alex will start school very soon.  Alyona, Little One and Houseguest will be at home with me.  New chapter in our lives.  More later today. 

4 comments:

  1. We bought ours from US Mattress. http://www.us-mattress.com/twin-mattresses.html

    They were much cheaper then Macy's or Sleepy's. Also check out Big Lots, Sam's Club.

    Another place to check is Ollies Bargain Outlets. I saw mattress there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Costco online foam mattress with free delivery...great deals even if you have to join club to buy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there an Ikea near you? Their mattresses are inexpensive and have warrantees.... although they aren't the most comfortable after a couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you know you can steam clean mattresses? I do it all the time with my home carpet steam cleaner. Just put the mattress flat on the floor and use with vinegar in the water to really clean well and deodorize. That might buy you some time, depending on why you need to replace them.

    ReplyDelete