Monday, August 12, 2013

Dentist trip

Today, 5 of the kids had dental appointments.  Honestly, I expected bad news at this point in time as how long can our luck last.  They've gone the past few years, all of them, w/ no cavities or issues.  We all joke around about it in the office.  I will be honest here.  Some parents may get on my case but I don't care.  I know FASD kids, no matter the age, need to be told to brush their teeth.  After awhile though, I just think it gets a bit ridiculous to tell kids of a certain age to brush their teeth.  That being said, my kids have much to be desired in that area.  And yes, I remind them to brush their teeth but I'm not going to play shadow but to the younger ones.  Otherwise, I'd be in the bathroom all night on tooth patrol and that's just not happening. 

To my surprise, NONE of them today again had trouble.  Irina has a wisdom tooth that needs to come out but none have issues or cavities.  Irina was the only girl to go.  All the boys went this go around except Logan.  Little One will be joining the next batch of kids on the 26th.  Trying to get her added into the mix and on a schedule.  So, 5 will go one time, 6 another.  Great that they are that cooperative with us. 

So, all was well at the dentist thank goodness.  I also discussed w/ the dentist his choice of toys at the end.  A big machine full of bouncy balls.  You know, those big bouncy balls that destroy everything.  In their office is a sign saying NOT to bounce the balls in there.  I said if this sign is here, how do you think the parents feel?  The dental hygienists came over and stood by me!  LOL.  He truly has heard this over and over from multiple parents.  We've decided to brainstorm for him on better prizes.  Parents discuss this in the waiting room....all....the....time.  It's crazy.  My rule at home is bouncy balls outside.  Seriously, 11 bouncy balls can be hazardous to your house!  Many items have taken hits in the past.  Got to love it.  It's kind of the joke amongst parents in the waiting room every time we all are there.  But, overall great visit at the dentist.  Relieved.  Hoping next visit w/ the 6 of them is just as successful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment