Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Mini Family Reunion

This past weekend, we had a mini family reunion at our house.  In the pouring down rain.  But, we all had fun anyhow despite the rain.  Before the reunion, we were getting ready.


Found paper lanterns on clearance at Target.  Nik wanted to do them after Bojan gave up.

 
Summer wnated to help but Nik kind of hogged it.  Plus, she'd rip it.

 
After awhile, my parents arrived bringing Christmas in July!  Yep, piles of goodies for everyone.

 
Another Barbie and this time not naked.  Though Nik was really upset there was no Ken for him.  Kept signing boy Barbie.   He still carries Naked Ken around.  URGHH!!   The night before, all the kids got their haircuts.  That was an experience in and of itself.


 
Nik with his airplane.  Crutches are there b/c Bojan's foot is so bad he literally can't walk on it.  Amputation can't come soon enough.


 Everyone chilling out before guests arrive.

 It was my Uncle's birthday and my mom got him this fish.  There is a story and joke behind it, hence why they are laughing about it.


Brother and sister still years later.  See, there is hope for siblings if they argue or pull jokes on one another.  LOL.  My uncle actually lives in the next town over so we see him a bit more often than my parents.  

Blurry but me w/ my cousins and my mom.  No pics from outside just due to the torrential downpours.

Yeh, that one on the left is a big kid himself.  LOL.  Hanging out and teaching the kids some pool.  All in all, we had a good time visiting and hope next visit is sooner rather than later.  My kids and my cousins kids all get along which makes it wonderful to hang out.  One day, they'll be a much bigger family reunion.  Just wasn't this year.  So, we hosted a little mini one which was actually really nice.  Thanks for coming everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment