Saturday, July 20, 2013

Curse you Pinterest!!!

Okay, for those that have either read here long enough or know me, know for a fact, I am NO Martha Stewart.  I'd rather buy it on clearance than attempt to make it.  That being said, occasionally things come up on Pinterest that I think I should attempt.  I should know better.  I feel like Edison though at times.  Didn't he fail over 3000 times before inventing the light bulb?  I'm catching up with him at this point.  So, here is what Nik, Summer and Little One attempted. 

 
A mess is the first thing I notice about this activity.  And yes, we are in desperate need of a new kids' table.  They use this everyday.  Been looking on Craigslist to no avail.  So, backless chair and sugar bucket it is.  Hey, do what works here is our motto.


Yes, I know it's supposed to be all clear beads but truly, we just wanted something to hang up.  


Takes only 20 minutes to bake in the oven and make the entire home smell like burning plastic.


End product...a blob.  Didn't come out of the pan.  Yep.  Wasted one of my good cake pans on said project.  Again, could have easily bought a sun catcher on clearance and kids would have been just as happy.  Maybe I'll go buy those dollar store sun catcher kits.  Mad about the cake pan b/c it was actually one of my good ones.  So, another epic fail of Pinterest for me.  Thank goodness I don't sew.  I could just imagine the Pinterest projects all tied up.  

Today, had two extra house guests over.  Friends of the girls.  Never quiet here, is it?  Girls(older ones) & their friends went to the movies.  I made homemade pizza.  Going to Jordan Lake tomorrow for a cook out and some great swimming.  Can't wait!  Sunday, we plan on going nowhere and wish we could do nothing but tons to catch up on.  Next week, we're even getting a family portrait done!  About time. News on Little One too.  Potty training, dare I say it, is happening.  More on that later.  Have a great weekend everyone.

1 comment:

  1. You are supposed to put non stick paper on the beads than iron them, lol

    ReplyDelete