Thursday, February 28, 2013

Hair dressers

Today is Thursday and has been as busy as the rest of this week.  Tomorrow is science class that I teach and nothing prepared yet.  Partially b/c I left the book in Warren's car. URGHH!!!  Had an IEP meeting for Max this morning.  Things have to change.  I'm just disappointed right now.  I won't elaborate yet.  Didn't help that I was 20 minutes late for the meeting so we're finishing another day.  That part is fine.  Max missed the bus this morning.  Yana woke him up 2 minutes before the bus came.  Lovely.  Obviously, he's not too happy w/ her today.  Went home and tried to straighten out a mess w/ the company we bought our shed from.  Claimed we hadn't made a payment.  Had bank proof, date of transaction, etc.  They told me they'd take the late fee off as if they were doing me a favor.  Hello...it wasn't LATE!  I hate dealing w/ stupid sometimes.  After the phone call, I get an email message by the same company saying we hadn't paid them.  My response wasn't as kind as previous conversation on the phone was.  Don't get it.  We're paying our bills, on time, and we're getting nastygrams.  Just if I told you a few weeks ago we paid and when we paid, and transaction # of it, don't bug me again for something that was clearly on time. 

Anyhow, did some school w/  the kids, speech therapist came and then went to get pizza for lunch.  Haven't done that for ages.  Kids voted to eat here so Nik & I went to pick up.  Still getting used to Big Bird.  So, forgive me if you see this big van run over a curve.  Getting used to the length is the hardest part.  That and I'm not used to so many electronics.  Afraid to touch anything.  I'll get there.

Kids are doing okay.  We're all just tired this week.  Glad it's almost the weekend.  We have noticed a huge difference w/ Alex and Logan gone.  It's definitely more peaceful.  That may sound mean but it's true.  Right now out of the bunch, they are the two I'm having the most difficulty with.  Both are 12yo, both think they know everything in the world and mom is the most annoying person ever, both are in preteen hormone stage, both are being belligerent and both are driving the rest of us insane. 


This is not an innocent face.  LOL.  Making it to 13 yo for them and us is going to be a mighty challenge.  But, it will happen.  Lessons learned and all.  Older kids get it and are trying to help explain it to them but you know, Logan and Alex know it all so they're not listening.   Funny b/c the more they get in trouble, the more the older kids will pipe in and go I tried to tell ya.  


See, Alex can be sweet if he wants to.   Yana texting while Alex and Alyona style her hair.

Alyona, Reni being the stylists to Irina and Yana.  Logan looking on.


One night, we surprised the kids.  Lowes foods marks donuts down every night at 8pm.  We bought 2 dozen for breakfast the next day.  Was a great surprise.  Every once in awhile, do something sweet.  

Well, done nothing to prepare for science class tomorrow.  Not a thing.  Need to get busy. Also, mentally preparing as one of my daughters enters the dating age.  Yikes!  As respect to privacy of my older kids, won't say more though I know she says more publicly on FB than I do here.  However, they do something stupid, I've warned her...it will go on the blog.  LOL.  Now, that threat should be good enough to keep her on curfew, in line, etc., right?  Right?  How did you other parents handle this dating thing.  Geez, glad I was never a teenager.  LOL.  More to come tomorrow.  Just really need to get the younger kids a bath.  Summer and Little One have a blast that you'd think they were in a water park.  It's nuts.

1 comment:

  1. >However, they do something stupid, I've warned her...it will go on the blog. LOL.

    Ha ha! I bet that was a very effective "promise" (we don't threaten, we only promise, right? :)

    I'm hoping to start the process of adopting in the next year! Glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete