Friday, January 18, 2013

Ready to explode!

Nik has been bugging me for weeks to make a volcano ever since we got the kit.  He loves natural disasters.  Not sure why.  I've been in quite a few hurricanes and hate them.  He watches storm chasers on documentaries.  Anyhow, he has been dying to make this volcano.  Poor kid.  I"ve promised him every night but we end up too busy.  Finally Bojan and Irina pulled it off. 


And they started the process!  


They kept reminding me the whole time of how I was smart to wait so long to do this and what a pain in the butt it was.  LOL.  Better them than me!  Hey, if you're going to volunteer, you're going to follow through.  


Logan and Nik were happy to start painting it the next day.


Pics out of order again.  Notice Nik laughing the whole time.  Bojan is used to this stuff when they cast his leg.  Notice Irina & Bojan are far from laughing.


Reni wanted nothing to do w/ helping building that thing.


Was going to take quite awhile to paint this thing.


And this is their volcano.  Paint all over my table.  People wonder sometimes why I don't always buy new furniture (though I did buy this set new).  Here is the answer..it's always messy.   No matter what.


And the finished product a bit closer up.  I think they did a fantastic job.  ALL of them.  Well, those who participated.  Now, it is ready to explode and hoping to do that tomorrow.  Tomorrow is busy though.  Cleaning day, packing & cooking day, football practice, etc.  We're ready though.  Enjoy your evening.  Hopefully more to come tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment