Friday, January 11, 2013

Flabulous to Fabulous

I'm actually going to have to change these updates to Sundays b/c that's when we're weighing ourselves for the contest.  See, Irina, Warren and I have decided to do a Biggest Loser type challenge at home and see who can lose the most during the Biggest Loser season on tv.  I think it ends in May or something along those lines.  I'll tell you my starting weight on Sunday.  Heaviest I had ever been sadly.  But, admitting it on here and tracking it will indeed help I think.  I know I have lost weight this past week.  Now, being that I can't stay on the BL ranch and I have ten kids and other obligations, don't expect to see 10 lbs. a week weight loss.  I will be very happy if it is 2lbs. or so a week.  It's actually healthier if you lose at that rate.  I would love to see 5 lbs. lost but then I think I'd be living in a dream world.

Let me tell you what I've done thus far and what I'm sticking with.  For the past few weeks, I've actually been doing light weight lifting and stretching everyday.  I've been drinking at least 64 oz. of water a day.  Been taking vitamins everyday.  This week, I added cardio to it in the form of biking.  Cardio to start off will have to be 3X a week to be increased to 5X a week over the course of the next 3weeks.  Even in my peak shape, I would give my muscles a rest 1 to 2 days a week.  I can honestly say I'm proud that I'm keeping up with things.

Plan for next week is to continue w/ this amount that I've been doing but add 30 minutes of Yoga in the morning everyday.  May not make it everyday but going to try.  It addition, next week I start journalling the food.  I'm excited about this new journey and pretty sure it will last.  I know it won't be as dramatic as the Biggest Loser but in the end it should be!  My goal is to lose 50 lbs.  Huge goal but if I chip away each week, a doable goal.  Time will tell.  I'm just very excited to start and was just thrilled to be on the bike again.  I didn't realize just how much I missed it.  And this would be why I think I'll stick with it.  What's nice is the kids like biking with me.  I take a few at a time.  As long as it's not pouring outside, I plan on biking almost every single day.  Just had to share what I'm up to.  Weight report is Sunday.  Kind of scared but anxious to see it at the same time. 

1 comment:

  1. I got a new bike for my birthday too! It's amazing how it feels to get back to something you loved so much as a kid. :) Your new program sounds amazing. I love yoga. Good luck on your challenge!

    ReplyDelete