Friday, September 7, 2012

Apples, apples everywhere!

As you know, we went to an apple orchard last weekend and went apple picking.  Got 2.5 bushels.  That's bushels people.  Not little buckets.  We are still peeling apples and cooking like crazy.  So, thought I'd share a bit of all our help around here and some of what we've been up to.


Can you believe it starts this full?  24 apples peeled.  I have 2 crockpots I bought for $5  at a yardsale one year.  Best investment ever!  This one has digital timers and all that as well.  Makes it so simple.


After it cooks down, I put it in the mixer.  It's HOT.  


It yielded 5 jars of apple butter.  Best apple butter I've ever tasted!  No exaggeration.  Kids were all in agreement.


I had a pie plate for 14 years.  We received it for our anniversary.  It broke.  Why wouldn't it in a house full of children?  So, when we went to Seagrove last weekend, I splurged and finally bought a new pie plate.  Girls helped me pick it out.  Hopefully, it will last just as long.


The girls getting to work on all kinds of apple stuff.  Apple butter, apple sauce, apple pie, apple crisp and whatever else we can think up.  Tons of apples.  And we're still peeling.


Irina teaching Alyona how to peel and core the apples.


Girls are ready for a batch of applesauce this go around.  Sorry for the background.  It's a poster on how to become President.  Homeschool allows for no neat dining room walls.

2 comments:

  1. Can you share your apple butter recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The apple butter looks yummy! But, I wanted to say that I LOVE the last photo of I&A!! That should be framed!

    ReplyDelete