Monday, August 13, 2012

Redneck Hayride

My kids and the things they do for entertainment sometimes make you say hmmm.  But, if they're having fun and not hurting anyone (well, maybe each other once in a while) that no biggie.  The other day Max fixed the lawn mower trailer.  Kids were thrilled beyond words of course.


Nik, very happy to entertain the girls.  They were giggling the whole way.  The things this big brother won't do.  


All over the front yard and even in the back yard they drove.  Laughing the whole time.  

Not quite sure what they're discussing but seems to be interesting enough.


Nik is surely growing fast.  Now, if we could just get him learning a bit more.  I'm working on it.  It's such a hard road when working with deafness, autism, FASD, sensory integration, PI issues and so much more.  It's a mountain we all must climb and for now, we're at the bottom of that mountain figuring out how to best get to the top without falling off.  We'll get there.  Takes time.  All I know is we're doing the best we can.  He's happy and he's alive.  It's more than I can say if he'd of stayed in Russia.  He was headed to the mental institute is what the director told us that day.  I still cringe. Can you imagine our Nik stuck in a crib all day long?  It's such an unbelievable thought to me.  Yet always in the back of my mind.  so, no matter how hard, he will indeed learn and grow up to be a productive member of society.  His life is real.  His life is worth it.  He's my Nik Nak and I love him. 

1 comment:

  1. Amen, friend!

    Also, I didn't know there was such a thing as a non-redneck hayride ;).

    ReplyDelete