Monday, July 9, 2012

Love this idea!

Someone posted something on facebook the other day.  I said I must, I must do it.  So, went to Wally World and got two bins.  El cheapo's but they'll do.  I'm sick and tired of my kids being lazy.  Not picking up their stuff at the end of the day.  So, that's what started this.


A blue bin for the boys, pink for the girls.  I went through the house and collected stuff that was left out.  Shoes, sunglasses, drawings, bathing suits, towels, etc.  Anything and everything.  I did NOT go to their rooms the first night.  This was just stuff in other areas of the house.


I have not had the time to do what I want w/ this sign.  I'm going to decorate it on the computer and fancy it up and laminate it.  But for now, it will do to get the point across.  I will be taping it to the front of the bins.  


I printed two different sheets out.  This is just a picture of the first sheet.  I cut them into strips.  Put them in an envelope that says 'pick a chore.'  Rule is if no one claims an item, they all have to do a chore.  Regardless.  

Shock and awe was the response.  It was fantastic!  VERY effective for all ages.  Why I did not think of this sooner, I'll never know.  Just thought I'd share in case any of you had some things left out.  I know I'm not the only one.  And best part, my house is clean!  I'm keeping this one up too.  Second night, spic and span. 

1 comment:

  1. We need to go buy ours. Just today we had the carpets cleaned and went through all the toys so now they're all sorted and put in proper boxes. I so LOVE this idea and definitely will be implementing it. Erikka is the worst offender of the 3 girls that I have.

    Hang in there! We'll get it through their heads that we aren't their maids. LOL

    ReplyDelete