Monday, July 9, 2012

4th of July Pics (part 2)

Well, continuing on our noneventful 4th of July, I thought I'd share the rest of the pics.  Today has been raining this afternoon.  Gotten a ton done as far as calling places ands making arrangements for things.  Some days, you just need that.  Anyone care to guess how much it costs to replace a broken oven handle?  $185!  Warren and Max are going to try to "make" one.  Yeh, this should be good.  LOL.  Both are talented but crafting a stove handle to fit current stove may not end well.  Such is life.  Anyone care to gamble at what plumbers make per hour??  Put it this way, I think Warren chose the wrong profession.  Hard to believe.  $95 an hour.  They told me shower/combo fix will be at least 2.5 to 3 hours.   If you're wondering, this is what tax money is going for.   One day, I'm buying something totally frivolous w/ tax money.  For now though, house stuff that is broken must get fixed.  Normally, Warren and Max fix everything.  However, all the plumbing that needs to be done requires quite a few tools Warren does not have.  Hence, hiring someone to do the job.  It is what it is.  We move on.  On a better note, I finally fixed the medical billing issue we were having.  Guessing I'll get a little money back.  Hey, that can go to that lovely stove handle.  Now, for better things.



Not sure what's w/ the mad face.  Caught him off guard I guess.  Strawberry shortcake on a hot day is the way to go.  


I know it's blurry.  Courtney was allowing everyone to get used to some of the media equipment.  Me, I'm a little shakey at my kids handling $20K worth of equipment.  They were practicing.  Trust me, none are shy in front of a camera.


Logan, happy to help.  


I did take pictures of the local fireworks we went to but really was hard to get any shots.  After we came home, we did sparklers too.  Reni was a pro.


Umm, little pyro here decided he wanted dynamite.  Yes, you read that right.  So, our son takes a long piece of twine in the yard and lights it w/ the sparkler!  Yes, he sure did!  Luckily, someone saw him and we took the "lit" twine and put it out.  

At first, Summer was terrified and didn't even want to hold one.  Soon, she'd hold two.  Then she was ready.  


Is she tired or shell shocked?  


Think there's enough fire out in our yard??  All in all, we all had a great 4th of July.  We didn't go to any parades.  Frankly, at a hundred and something out, it's just too dog gone hot.  So glad though we had our 10 American kids here to celebrate.  Last year, I was only dreaming of what it would be like.  Yep, just like we dreamed.  Well, add a little more fire and some spats here and there and you've got it.  

Well, got to get a little more done around here.  Oh, I won gourmet bread today from a local store.  We'll go tomorrow to pick it out.  I'm afraid by going to the bakery that we may actually end up w/ more than we bargined for.  LOL.  We'll see.  Storms are rolling through in and out.  Off the computer I go.  Kids and I are going to veg out and watch a movie.  Great day for it.

2 comments:

  1. I've been reading your blog since we got home from the reunion. I really don't have anything to say, but wanted to comment to let you know we're following your journey now. It was good talking to you there. Thanks for answering my many questions. Just so you know, my husband and I were very impressed with how well your kids were at the reunion. It is obvious that you and your husband do put a lot of time into training and raising them. If you didn't tell me some of the things your kids deal with, I wouldn't have known it at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out repair.com and some other internet sites. I just ordered some stove insulation that varied in price from 13 to 40 bucks. Took me some searching but saved me some dollars.

    ReplyDelete