Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Where's the tape mom??

It is one of my biggest pet peeves in the house.  Inevitably, if the kids need tape for something, they must, they must use the entire roll of tape.  Just a rule I believe that is unwritten in this house. 


The other day Logan and Nik saw my empty blueberry containers.  They decided to make puppets.  


Nik's puppet.  Umm, notice a little tape on there do ya?


Logan's puppet.  I thought both were quite clever using what we had laying around.  Not only that, they actually work, mouth and all.  So, I guess it's okay that my tape is now gone.  Creativity prevailed.  Much more to come.  Been super duper busy today.  Now, time for a late evening dinner.  Grilled chicken, mashed red bliss potatoes, peas & carrots, and cranberry sauce.  Yum.  Tomorrow, 3 of us get new glasses.  Wahoo!!!  I can see again.  Reni and Alyona will get their glasses fixed.  

Nik's audiology went good today.  They adjusted his mapping a bit.  First thing he asked me when he found out he was going to an appointment was is he getting his Neptunes.  I SO want to find a way to make it happen.  Shoot, not like you can take a loan out for that one.  Though, I will ask anyhow.  LOL.  I wish Nik would talk more when he's there though.  I'm not sure they totally believe us.  So, this next go around, I'm going to record him and take it with us.  6 months from now.  I think they'd be really surprised.  Though Warren said shen they asked him to do something, he'd do it.  So, understanding is there.  

Still waiting on the school for Alyona's IEP.  Heard nothing thus far.  Not a thing.  Called today.  They told me the teacher was gone for the summer.  I said that's fine, I guess i"ll just finish this up with central office.  Tune changed.  They then told me she'll be in tomorrow.  I have a feeling she was there and did not want to talk to me quite yet.  If they don't return my call tomorrow, central office.  If they do nothing again, DPI (department of public instruction in this state).  For once, I'd love an IEP to go smoothly from start to finish.  Maybe soon.  More later on.  dinner needs to be done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment