Monday, June 11, 2012

Church clubs-- last one

Last week, kids had their final church club meeting.  See, they go every Wednesday night.  In the fall they took science, ASL, jump rope and cooking clubs.  This semester they did P.E., music, art, dance and puppet clubs.  My older kids obviously act more as volunteers.  They all really do enjoy it very much.  So, last week it was the final one and they got to show off a bit of what they did.

Yana, reading some scripture.  She also helped the younger kids read when they needed it.  

Sometimes it is SO hard watching Alyona not get things.  She is supposed to be dancing the steps the girl is reading.  Alyona was watching her feet but just couldn't understand how to do it.  It is times like these that I feel so bad for her.  I know I shouldn't as there is much she CAN do but still doesn't make it any easier seeing her miss out on simple things.


Yana, Logan and Reni listening to some of the other clubs.  Reni is missing her glasses that night  b/c she broke them.  They're fixed now.


Summer and Nik getting ready for the puppet show.


They were both so proud that they painted this poster.  Nik kept peeking his head out so I could take a picture.  I have never laughed so hard in my life.  All the kids in this puppet show had us cracking up.  The whole audience was laughing.  

 They didn't want to give the puppets back.  LOL.


Max did a perspective drawing as well.  There are some awesome artists in this club.

Irina didn't want me to take a picture of her drawing.  She kept saying it looked stupid.  I thought it was beautiful!  Colors and all.  


Nik, a little wiped out later.  Plus, floor's cold.  

Kids had an awesome time at the church clubs this year. I was so happy they were offered.  They learn so, so much.  Fellowship can't be at as well.  Love it.  Next fall they'll have more clubs.  Kids are already asking what they have.  Just wanted to share.  More tomorrow.  Have some more organizing to do.  Tomorrow Warren is taking Bojan to Duke for ortho appt.   Kids and I will be doing a few errands.  Today we stayed home and super cleaned.  Felt great to do.  Now, time for some more organizing.  Good night all.

1 comment:

  1. Every time I see Yana I just am astounded by how beautiful she is!!! And I just love that Summer is wearing rain boots with her shorts and shirt!!! Sweet girl!!!

    ReplyDelete