Friday, June 15, 2012

Birch Box and Glam Bag

I know I've talked about something called Cravebox and have gotten it for quite some time.  Now, I'll tell you about something we've tried here.  Remember, I have 5 girls.  Anything to save some bucks on cosmetic type stuff is wonderful.


The much anticipated  Birch Box.  


Just like the Cravebox, we're anxious to see what's inside.


Cool looking Ziploc bags.  


At first, I thought this was weird.  Then, I tried it.  It's called Stainiac.  Lip tint.  Pretty cool.  Goes on bright but then lightens up.  Just neat.  


This was all of the contents.  The bronzer is awesome and I really, really liked the nail polish wipes.  Taylor Swift perfume the girls took.  All in all, great stuff!  The bronzer was $36.  The lip balm is $17.  So, not even counting the samples, those two things are well worth the $10 a month.  This is the second time I've gotten this one.  The first time I wasn't impressed. However, this time, I liked it.  And for us, an extremely good bargain.  Keep in mind, we have 5 girls here plus myself.  

Now, the new thing I tried this month was a thing called glam bag.  Had never heard of this one before.  Figured, what the heck.  See, I'm trying all these and then deciding which ones would benefit us most.  We already know we're keeping Cravebox.  Then, we'll decide which other one we like.  Anyhow, back to glam bag.

Not a box but a bag this time.  


Reni is ready to see what she can claim as hers.  Funny, kids all hover now waiting to see what they can claim.  


Very bright pink lipstick, some moisturizer, styling creme, and eye liner.  Not bad.  All of us though were not as impressed w/ glam bag as the other two things we've tried.  We'll give it one more month.  We've agreed to give all these sample $10 a month boxes at least two tries.  Then, we choose.  I've heard there's another one called sample society but it's $15 a month.  I know the products in what we've gotten we've used.  However, if it's something fancy, you know we'll never buy it again.  Cravebox was more of what we could afford long term if we liked it so I like that idea.  Just something nice to try.  Like I said, we'll only do 1 or two a month.  It will work out cheaper than the store for sure.


This, this is what I WON!  Wahoo!!!  LOL.  I know, but I won it.  Makes it more cool, right?  I entered some Dr. Oz contest and actually won a prize.  This is what I got.  Try not to be jealous of my neti pot.  The only other thing I ever won was at a wellness fair.  I won a blow up CPR dummy.  Yeh, I have all the luck for prizes don't I?  See, this is why the lottery is just not my thing. LOL.  Knowing my luck I'd win jelly for a year or something.  Hey, I've heard these neti pots are cool and as long as the boys don't pee in this one (those new, story from last year), we're good to go.  

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.  We get the bus tomorrow!  Kids are so excited.  Warren works in the morning.  I'm bummed & so are th e girls.  We have to miss the yard sales.  bummer.  We still are enjoying are $5 fire pit though.  Next post is of generous people.  More later.  Church is using our van tomorrow.  Umm, I might want to go clean it out. 

1 comment:

  1. I used to work for Sephora and the stuff you got in the Glam Bag is actually really good stuff. The Living Proof styling cream is an amazing product and the Philosophy moisturizer is a great moisturizer!

    ReplyDelete