Friday, March 2, 2012

Generous people

We have run into many generous people over the years.  And frankly, we couldn't do this without their help.  Whether it is an extra box of oranges left on our porch or bags of clothes, it helps immensely and I don't think the people doing this for us realize just how much it helps us out.  We have ten kids.  I'm not going to lie and say it's not expensive.  But kids are not what is expensive, it's the lifestyle you live.  Even so, it's not cheap raising ten kids on a budget.  When  your grocery bill is almost as much as your mortgage, you know you must budget.  One thing we've been hugely grateful for is the clothing we get for various kids.  The other day, someone left a note.  Someone named Margie.  Honestly, I can not remember who Margie is and feel terrible about it.  I want to thank her in person.  I'm horrible w/ names so please don't be offended if I forget who you all are when I meet you.  Anyhow, a sweet lady dropped off a bag of clothes for the girls. 

The girls could not wait to tear into the bags and start trying on clothes.  


They both picked the same pair of shoes.  Umm, this is not going to work girls.  They are both in the same size so they can share.  But I prefer them to have their own shoes.  They do, it's just sometimes they'll swap.  Both in a size 3 girls.  I took a size 12.5 over to Reni in Bulgaria.  It was a bit small but she could still get her foot in it.  

So, Reni didn't know that Alyona was doing bunny ears and Alyona didn't know that Reni was sticking her tongue out.  Then I showed them the picture. 


So, they both swapped.  And no, Alyona is not sticking up her middle finger.  Remember, she can not bend or straighten her fingers out normally due to the botched surgery job years ago.  She can not put her hands flat even to do a push up.  Kind of permanently bent.  


 Did I mention the sisters are close??  Camera hog is in the background of course.

One of Alyona's new outfits.  She is too cute!  I love it that she still wants to be my girlie girl.  Loves to dress up.  She's almost a teenager but in a size 8/10 girls.  And that's perfectly fine with me.  

Just my girls have smiles on their faces due to some very generous people.  I can't thank them enough.  Having food and clothing given to us at various times throughout the year is a Godsend.  Just last week, a neighbor dropped off not 1 but 4 bicycles for the girls to use.  Yes, the initial cost of an adoption is great.  However, having generous people once home helps immensely.  I hope one day I have the ability to give such as these people have to us.  I know they think it's no big deal but it makes a huge difference in the lives of our children.  Thanks to all who've been so generous to our family over the years.

1 comment:

  1. What a great post!! Yes, generous people are a great blessing!! So sweet those sisters are!! Can't believe how connected they are in such a short time frame!! God did a great thing!! :)

    ReplyDelete