Thursday, January 26, 2012

Nik's makings

Nik has always been very creative.  Very  We have tons of beads here.  Pick them up whenever we hit yardsales.  Girls try to make simple necklaces and bracelets.  I don't know how Nik does it, but he finds way to take plain yarn and beads and create wonderful designs. 


Isn't it cool??  I loved it!   Color choices were so cool too.   Out of yarn.


Nik was trying to design a new house for us.  He's taking lessons from his big brother Max in the artistic department. 


Hard to tell b/c it got all wrinkled.  Max was drawing our house and then going to add to it.  

I personally think both my boys are talented.  Don't you??  I need to start a porfolio for Nik.  We did that for Max years ago.  Great looking back and seeing the progress over the years.  This will be one of my summer projects... to collect all their drawings and put them in portfolios w/ labels.  Ambitious but I plan to get it done.  I told you all, I need a whole week A-L-O-N-E to get all the stuff done I want to get done.  And organized.  Yeh, that's not happening any time soon.  LOL.  Oh well.  We'll get there.  More to come.  Need to fix the blog background.  I don't like it.  But, want something different and fresh.  Play around w/ it.  More to come.  Need to fill out papers for new semester for Max and Bojan.  Hate paper signing.  PE teacher told Bojan he wasn't allowed to wear his shoes to pe b/c it will mark up the floor.  Ummm, he's ONLY allowed to wear boots per doc's orders.  Wrote a note.  See what I get back this go around.  Sometimes they're nice, sometimes they're not.  Remember, this is the middle school I pulled Irina and Max from years ago.  We have less than a stellar relationship.  

We did manage to get Irina's mess fixed up today.  She won't be able to start work for another few weeks.  However, called the school today and they handled it right away.  She has a great guidance teacher that gets stuff done and I appreciate that.  Cleveland HS has been good about the kids, their needs & making sure if there is a problem, there is a solution.  Other schools could take some lessons around this area.  We have dealt personally w/ 6 different elementary schools, 1 middle school and 2 high schools.  Amazing how different they all are.  Got to go.  Making new home school plans for the kids for February.  Tweaking a schedule for the new kids.  Reni and Logan are WAY behind.  Reni, Alyona, Nik, & Logan can not do any regrouping addition whatsoever.  So, starting there.  I've been having Nik do basic math as well as Alyona these last few months.  I'll have a separate post on what we're doing w/ homeschooling.  Few days.  More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment