Friday, December 9, 2011

Flabulous to fabulous

Okay, so this one's going to be a short post since I have many more coming tonight.  I'm still on the quest to get healthy, however, I was sidetracked quite a bit this week.  I did not exercise and feel super guilty about that.  I will say what I did do though, as I think it's important to celebrate the small steps.  First, I have been for the past few weeks taking vitamin C and D.  Now, may not seem like much but I am extremely, extremely vitamin D deficient.  They put me on prescription strength and I was supposed to be taking vitamin D OTC once the script was done.  Last few months I was not doing that.  Now, do it every day and next check, hoping levels will be somewhat normal.  I am also drinking LOTS more water every single day.  I am also doing light weightlifting everyday as well.  I know these are not much but in the grand scheme of things, it is indeed a good start I feel.  The food this week started off great.  Veggie fajitas for lunch that I'd make.  Breakfast was also light.  Dinner wasn't too bad either.  However, that Tastycake gift did me in I'm sad to say.  No willpower. 

So, I plan on keeping the same little things I'm doing going.  I'm adding this week, at least 1 walk every day.  I play w/ the kids in the yard everyday & am always moving around but still, walking needs to become habit.  And not every few days but every single day.  Next week, I hope to report that these little things have continued & the walking added in.  Hold me to it!  If I can add a few steps like this every week instead of trying to do it all at once, I do believe I can reach my goal.  My goal is to be able to do a 5K run in the spring w/ some of my kids.  I think it's easily attainable for sure.  Step by step.  Me writing about all this makes me more accountable. 

1 comment:

  1. To train for walking / 5K, check our this website. www.halhigdon.com Michele / dawgfan

    ReplyDelete