Saturday, November 19, 2011

DAY 11-- part II (trip home)

Back to the story.  We were going to be boarding to RDU.  Explained to the gate keepers that we are a family of 5 and they had us in 5 different seats across the plane.  They said oh the people on the plane will fix that.  fine.  Except, it wasn't fine.  Now, keep in mind, I was about to lose it here.  I am one plane ride from HOME.  We had been up for close to 30 hours straight w/ kids going crazy and running all over the place.  We were beyond exhausted.  I was almost delirious I think.  I get on the plane & said "okay, who wants to sit by the 4yo?"  "Who wants to sit by these 3 kids?"  NONE of them speak English & they've been awake for almost 30 hours now.  Yes, yes I did say that.  I head to one of the seats.  They had us in 3A, 18A, 4F, & 2 others.  The one guy took Summer.  SWEET, sweet man!  An older guy that truly wanted to take care of her.  Bundled her up, asked the stewardess for a pillow for her, etc.  Just great.  Thanked him later.  I was able to get another guy to swap so that I could sit by Reni.  It all worked out in the end.  Now to go, right?  W-R-O-N-G.  They kept coming on the plane saying whoever is going to Colorado Springs on this flight is on the wrong flight.  Despite ALL of the plane saying we are all indeed going to Raleigh, they didn't want to believe it.  Truly weird.  Something else was wrong but at this point, I can't remember what it was.  Only a 50 minute flight.  Wahoo!!!  Except we left super late.  Stewardess was telling me this was the 2nd time, same flight, same day w/ screw ups coming out of Dulles.  She said how in the world do you separate completely a family of 5 w/ 3 not even speaking English?  Many were saying some things on that flight.  Words of encouragement to us.  Nice to hear.  Maybe we just looked distraught at that point.  LOL. 

We land.  We were HOME.  Our driver was there to pick us up.  We even got all our luggage.  No screaming.  They were all too tired at this point.  We go home.  Mailbox is decorated, house is decorated.  We had called ahead to avoid a dog fiasco.  Yeh, fiasco happened anyhow.  Kids were all waiting outside to greet us.  Sight for sore eyes for sure.  Alaska practically mauled me over.  She was SO happy to see me.  Love that dog.  We still had Kota locked up at this point. 

Kids did not want to leave the van.  Terrified of the dogs.  Great.  We knew it would happen but doesn't make it any easier.  I will leave it here and continue later on about the homecoming and what we did today.  For now, need to get some pictures up here I think.  Way too long w/out any on this blog.  Much more dialogue and things to come for sure.  Tons to say.  Half of it I don't think you'd believe if I told you.  So have a wonderful weekend. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What an adventure. I can't wait to hear the rest. Could Summer be any cuter????

    ReplyDelete