Friday, October 28, 2011

A Sweet Surprise

Yesterday, the postman drove up in our driveway.  Did I ever tell you how much we like our delivery guy?  He really is just simply nice.  Always has a smile, always takes time to talk to the kids if they start talking to him, always drives right up to the house if there is a big package.  Just a pleasant man, Perry is.  Anyhow, yesterday we all noticed the car driving up.  Went to greet him & he had this big box. 

Everyone was anxiously awaiting to see what was in the box.  


 No, it couldn't be, could it?  Not this early in the season.  But wait...


It is!!!  It is a gingerbread house!  One that can not be eaten despite how tasty it looks.  Even Kota seem to want to try it.  


Alyona checking out the house.  I'm telling you, those candies on top look SO dog gone real.  We really wanted a taste.  


This was such a beautiful gingerbread house.  Some of the candies fell off (too many touching hands!) but we hot glued them back on and you can't even tell.  The great thing about this house is 1) I didn't have to make it & 2) it can be used year after year.  

And who is this great gift from?  My mom!  She surprised us with this wonderful gift for the upcoming holiday season.  We really enjoy it and can't wait to add it to our collection.  This year I will have a gingerbread house that will stand.  Though the homeschoolers and I will attempt yet again to make a gingerbread house.  Love the smell of them.  Guarantee you it won't look as good as this though.  LOL.  Thanks Mom for the sweet gift.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I just want to say I that I look up to you so much. I am 14 and want to adopt when I am an adult. I think its great that you adopted children that are deemed "unwanted" when in fact, they are very very wanted. at a curiosity, what homeschool curriculums are you using? You said you were using a mixture. I was just wondering! THanks! Oh and btw, I think Alyona is the cutest little kid I have ever seen

    ReplyDelete