Saturday, September 10, 2011

Where were you??

Where were you when the world stopped turning?  That song really does hit home.  9/11/01 seems so long ago yet when you see the images, it just seems like yesterday.   Images ingrained, never to be forgotten.  I remember exactly what I was doing and where I was.  I remember going to the school just to see Irina and Max to make sure they were okay.  They were so young back then. I remember worrying for weeks to come what was going to be next.  Just the uncertainty of the time was unnerving. Only ten years ago but boy did everything change.  During our first set of adoptions in 1999, we took a suitcase full of tools such as vice grips and pliers and screw drivers for the orphanage.  Today, we'd never make it on the plane with that type of suitcase.  Times have changed.  I know with all these changes that none of us could ever forget.  The kids watched dateline last night on 9/11.  I forget that half my kids were not even born when this piece of history happened.  The look on their faces said it all.  They were all shell shocked.  Alex asked if it was a movie.  I said no, it really did happen.  The question why was asked over and over.  Just as many of us asked ten years ago.  Thought I'd share a link that someone posted on facebook.  I'll have more posts later on Upwards soccer and how the kids are doing. 
 
9/11

2 comments:

  1. 10 years ago, I just got home from school. Back then, on that day I was a very confused and upset 11 year old. That day really scared me even though it didn't happen in my country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been a dc girl all my life - where was i? in my 10th grade science class, being taught by a woman who told us about the wtc attack & said, "guess my husband won't be home on time tonight, he works at the pentagon."

    'nuff said.

    ReplyDelete