Tuesday, September 20, 2011

American as apple pie

Who doesn't love apple pie?  Okay, don't answer that as I sure there's a select few.  However, you taste this pie, you will become a pie lover.  Yes, it is that good.  On Sunday, we had a church picnic.  Locally, we are selling pie filling.  Now, if there are bulk orders or a bunch in one spot, we would definitely look into doing that for sure.  For now though, we have orders we are doing here.  The name of this is called EZ PZ pie.  You will find out why very, very shortly.

Let me start by saying I have never made a pie in my life.  Okay, take that back.  You know those boxed apple pies in the freezer of the grocery store?  Yeh, I've slipped one of those in the oven before.  But the truly homemade, mouthwatering pies, I have never ever made.  So, you can see why I was nervous.  No need to be w/ EZ PZ pies.  I will take you step by step so you can see for yourselves.  Trust me, you'll be drooling by the end of this.


First, find a pie dish.  Notice this looks new?  Umm, that's b/c I have never used it before.  Received it as a wedding gift.  Along w/ a tea pitcher which we used every single day until it broke.  We LOVED that tea pitcher and love pottery.  Anyhow, start w/ a pie dish.


This is the pie filling you'll use.  When you open the jar the smell is just absolutely magical.  Kids asked if we can keep the empty jar and put it in the living room.  LOL.  yes, it smells just like fresh pie.  


I cheated.  I used a ready made pie crust from Pilsbury.  No one knew the difference btw.  That is the beauty of this filling.  You an use any type of pie crust you want.  Homemade or store bought crust.  


Next step, simply dump in the pie filling.  No cutting, no peeling ,nothing.


Now, this if optional but I did it anyhow.  I made a crumble topping for the top of the pie.  You don't have to but I did.  Butter, brown sugar, flour.  Again, simple.


Crumbled topping and pie ready to go in the oven.  Honestly, the longest part of preparing this pie was looking for that pie pan I never use.


Oh, if this computer only had smellivision!  The smell permeated throughout the house.  It was so hard for the kids to wait till we got to the church.  This is the finished apple pie.  Essentially, you have three steps.  1) put a pie crust in or make one.  2) pour the pie filling in and 3) bake it in the oven for 55 minutes.  Folks, you can not get any easier than EZ PZ Pies!!  

Please feel free to ask me more or check out their website I'll have at the end.  We are selling the pie filling.  Locals, we are taking orders everyday for 2 months!!!  These make the perfect hostess gifts, Christmas gifts, boss' gifts, etc. So many options and with the holiday season coming up, less worry about what to get and give as a gift.  Shoot, I'd rather keep it myself.  LOL.  We are trying to get to 100 jars.  We are at 15 jars sold and we just started.  Very excited about this as it really is such a super great product.  And, the lady who makes these lives in Raleigh!  For the people who don't know, it's not far from here.  Love supporting locals.  I can pretty much guarantee you won't be disappointed in this jar of pie filling.  And, there are so many other possibilities for recipes.  Their website also has recipes on it.  Love it!  Thanks for considering purchasing a jar of pie filling or two, and supporting our endeavor.  Now, we'll be selling any time.  Just ask any of the Boyd bunch.  Here is the pie site.  Gives you some mouth watering recipes. 

1 comment:

  1. Steph,

    You didn't mention how much you are selling the filling for or how much the pies are (I'm local!) and does the order need to be placed on their website or with you :-)

    Thanks!

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete