Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Back in time

We decided this past weekend to go back in time.  Where'd we go?



Well to the NC History Museum of course!  We were trying to get them to hold up #'s 1,2, 3 and 4 w/ their fingers.  Yeh, that didn't work as you can see.  


Okay, not sure why I couldn't get the space between pics but oh well.  Alright, first pic is of them learning about how they make pottery in NC.  Kind of cool & a bit later they got to make their own ornaments just as they would if they made pottery.  Next is Irina and Alyona learning about the different animal skins they used for various purposes.  This is one of the structures the Indians would have lived in.  Part of Warren's heritage is Indian but not sure which ones.  I'll have to ask.  He knows much more of the history of course.  


 Nik, milking a cow.  My kids were stunned at the scheduled they had the first few hours of early morning.  Schedule is behind him.  I said maybe we should do that.  "But Mom, that would suck!"  

Alyona trying to pick up a pail of water.  Look at the muscles on her arms!  Wow!  They were all surprised at just how heavy this was.  


 It is a sad day in time when you see the toys you used to play with in a HISTORY museum.  LOL.  Yes, I saw toys in there that even my younger brother(by ten years) used to play with.  It was amazingly eye opening that I too am getting older.  But, I'll always be a kid at heart so I can't complain. 


This is Alex really taking in all the sports memorabilia.  He is our sports nut for sure.  Was bummed that he didn't see soccer up there.  We saw basketball, football, golf, etc. but I don't remember soccer.  We'll have to go again to be sure.  

 This was something the kids saw & thought was cool.  They said they wished Bojan could see it.  We'll have to take him back to see it sometime.  It's a prosthetic arm from quite a long time ago.  Wow, have they come far!


I absolutely adore antique furniture.  This was the Thomas Day collection.  Beautiful pieces and they just don't make it like that anymore.  Press board nowadays.  This is the real stuff.  We have some antique pieces in our home but not nearly as many as I'd like.  Even the kids liked it.  Hmm.  

We had a great time at the NC  History Museum.  I know we'll go again one day.  So much going on.  Much to do.  Just wanted to catch up on some pictures recently.  Hope you enjoyed them.  More to come tomorrow. Special Ed department called yesterday.  Right now, need to go get a few odds & ends from Wally World.  Milk, eggs, that type of thing.  So strange w/out Irina and Nik here.  Same last week when Bojan and Max were missing.  When one of us is gone, it's just not the same family.  Got to go.  Kyle leaves on Friday.  I know we're all going to miss him.  Yet, I know he'll do fantastic in college.  Hope he stays in touch.  We've learn a lot about Deaf culture and sign and such this summer.  Enjoy your week.  Tomorrow, I will  have some updates on things.  Just been seriously busy.

1 comment:

  1. That looks like fun! I also live in NC, and I've never heard of it before!

    I did a google search for special needs adoption, and I came across your website! We adopted two with special needs from Ukraine last year!

    ReplyDelete