Thursday, July 14, 2011

I-800 approval!!!

Officially, we have it!  Well, I don't have it in my hot little hands but our agency does so we are good.  We were told Saturday we were approved.  Waited to say something until either us or the agency had something in our hands.  Agency told me today they did.  So, next step... Article 5 letter from the Embassy.  After that, it goes to the MOJ for a few signatures.  Then, it is submitted for a court date!  So...very...excited.  Just had to share.  Know it's a short post but know others are right behind me in the process & we're all working on this time line.  BTW, this did NOT take long at all. They received our paperwork on June 27th and approved this past July 9th.  About two weeks.  Let you all know how long the next step takes.  We have ALL updated docs for court.  Hand carried new medical that was done in June.  Waiting on the FBI for my fingerprints since mine "expired."  Hate that.  Called the other week, shortly after week #4 (don't do that, they HATE it & you w/ a passion), & being told FULL 8 weeks. Should be soon we get ours b/c I know for a fact I submitted them BEFORE we left for Bulgaria.  I think that would be the only thing they need for court but someone please, please let me know if you know of other stuff.  Good day. 

6 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo! Great news. I just sent my finger prints off, so I understand the pain. Hope you get yours soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The I-800 approvals are sent from USCIS to NVC (National Visa Center) and from there to the embassy. It takes about a week for them to get to BLG. You can call NVC and ask about it, but they will send you a notice in the mail when they have forwarded your approvals to the embassy in Sofia.

    Viviane

    ReplyDelete
  3. A friend of our got didn't pass court the first time b/c they didn't have a local police check also (as if the FBI, DCFS, and USCIS fingerprints weren't already enough.) Our agency had us do this and we sailed through court the first time. Might want to get a local police letter saying no you're not a criminal if you haven't already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Congrats!

    I wonder if I should get the local police letter just to be safe. It's not on my check list for my dossier but I guess it's better to be safe than sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Before our court date our agency suggested we get updated medicals and local criminal checks so that they were all less then 6 months old. Our FBI fingerprints were recent, but they still wanted the local check. And it seemed to work because we passed court with no problems.

    @janahverdin - local criminal checks were required as part of our original dossier so I would double check with your agency about that. We moved during the process and had to get updated local criminal checks after the move to amend our dossier too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful!! Things are moving faster for you now! Wooo-Hooo! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete