Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Summer trip 2011-- Knoebels (part X)

Well, on our day 3 of this trip.  This was the Knoebels Amusement park that we went to.  Tons of pictures but only sharing so many.  This was Saturday and we stayed from 9:30am to around 9:00 pm.  What a long day but kids and us handled it well I thought.  No meltdowns whatsoever.  Hey, only one meltdown at Hershey by Alex.  More on that later though.  For now, this is about our time away from it all, enjoying life and fun together as a family.  Though we do feel incomplete.  It's so odd as you walk around and picture your kids across the ocean and what they'd most likely go on.  Logan would go on anything the boys would go on.  He's a daredevil.  Summer would go on obviously the kiddie rides since she's 4yo.  Reni, she's a bit of a chicken like me so I can see her going on the rides closer to the ground.  Her and Nik would be buddies in that arena.  In due time they'll be home and we will be able to enjoy the summer fun w/ them.  I hate having to be patient.  I do.


Max and Bojan getting ready to go on the Downdraft ride.  Max HATED this ride.  He was scared of this one which is strange b/c he had no fear on the other crazy rides.  Rollercoasters and all.  Alyona, Alex  were laughing on this one.  Nik said no way and made me take him to a tamer ride next to this one. 


I was in the car in front of them w/ Warren.  Nik Irina and Alyona smiling for the camera.  This was always one of my favorite rides as a kid.  


Some of the kids are worried, some are not.  This is a scaled down version of the big one in the park.  


 Blurry but really happy which is a good thing.


Nik decided since they were having so much fun, Nik then decided he wanted to go on.  He had just as much fun.  

The park was a huge success and very reasonably priced.  highly recommend it to everyone in the PA area.  Shoot, come from anywhere.  Something for everyone to do.  And, lines are not long to wait.  They have a waterpark w/ waterslides but we didn't do that part.  It was very relaxing and very tiring all at once.  My kids definitely want to do an amusement park again.  In fact, the Orenburg Reunion next year is at Rocking Horse Ranch in NY.  We are definitely going to try to go.  Would be so much fun.  Those w/ kids from Orenburg, let me know and I can pass along the info.  We all got group rates.  

I got sidetracked.  We got to take food home that evening which was awesome as we can use any extra food we can get at this house.  LOL.  You'd be shocked at just what 3 teens can consume in a day.  Ate some at the hotel and then went to sleep.  Did not leave on time...of course not.  Hit the road.  

Decided to stop for lunch here:


 Micky D's.  See, my aunt gave us gift cards for here.  Worked out very well.  This was by far the worst McDonald's we had ever been to.  EVER!  I was turning people away at the door.  Telling them not to come in. Seriously, patrons were asking those of us in line what was happening and we were all telling them, plan on being here at least 30 minutes if you want your food.  No lie.  Took us around 20 to 25 minutes to actually get the food if you can believe it.  Now, I used to manage a restaurant and some things just bug the crap out of me.  Like employees holding up a wall during a rush.  Asked said employee if she could fill up the ketchup & straws that were out.  She said "I'm not on the clock yet."  I looked at her and said " do you think you can get someone that CAN do it?"  They had a newbie on the register instead of asst. manager.  They told one guy he couldn't have his dog in here.  Now, the dog is clearly labeled service dog & guy even had tag around his neck about the service dog.  Clearly visually disabled.  Clearly.  Shoot, the rest of us customers standing there had NO issues w/ the dog.  All of us were standing around looking at each other like what in the world is happening here.  Guy comes back up to the register w/ drinks.  I said "what's wrong?"  He said wrong drinks. I said "are they regular cokes?"  He said yes.  I said those are ours.  We'll take them and trade otherwise we'll be here forever.  LOL.  Seriously.  We waited forever for our food.  No one seemed to know what they were doing.  Kids were patient and I was proud of them for that but this Micky D's needed a whole new crew.  Had one of my employees stood at the wall, I would have fired them.  Period.  Not during a lunch rush.  Never stand around during a lunch rush.  Are you kidding me?!  I guess it drives me crazy more b/c I've run a restaurant before and know what it takes to make the customers happy.  Rant over.  This was in VA btw.  Name of the town started w/ a Chamber something.  I'll have to look at the receipt. 


Bellies full and some kids went off to dream land.  Car ride home seemed to take longer than going there.  Kids were just driving us insane. Felt like we were driving w/ a bunch of caged up cats.  Crazy.  But, we all survived & that's what counts.  Dogs were very happy to see us.  They ate Max's desk, our master bed(hand carved logs btw), matroshka dolls, and quite a few other things.  URGHH!!!  

We had a wonderful, wonderful time on our vacation.  I can't even tell you how great it was to be away w/ just us.  We thoroughly enjoyed it.  No computers, no cell phones, etc.  No one coming over, just us.  We needed this for sure.  Felt great & can't wait to get away again.  Though, I know it will be quite some time.  Still have to raise funds for this next part of the adoptions.  

The trip to Hershey for me was life changing a bit.  Reading all about Mr. Hershey and what all he accomplished made me think.  Why not us?  Why not live our dreams out?  Why not dream big?  See, on the way up I read the short little book 'Live Like You Were Dying.'  Goes w/ the Tim McGraw CD I got at a yardsale earlier this year.  One part that stuck w/ me is "if you want to hunt tigers, you have to go to where the tigers are."  Now, it sounds so simplistic but it's true.  Just do something.  just do it.  Go for it.  Don't just dream it, make it happen.  Same thing was true of Mr. Hershey.  He made it happen.  Didn't care what others thought.  More on all this later b/c I really did change my thinking quite a bit.  You want something, you need to go for it.  YOu want to adopt, go for it.  Find a way to make it happen.  You want to travel, make it happen.  Again, I'll do a post on make it happen later this week.  I think it's important.  I really do.  Got to go.  Late dinner this evening.  Warren got stuck in traffic.  More to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment