Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A special opportunity

Yesterday, Tuesday, we were contacted to help a young man out for a short time.  I am pretty excited they thought of our family for what I'm calling an adventure of sorts.  See, there is a young man that needs a place to stay for about a month before heading off to college in NY.  Doesn't sound too interesting?  Well, he is Deaf.  Yes, no spoken language to my knowledge.  He does write in English and Latin though.  Told he helps teach hearing people sign language.  Now, tell me this is not just perfect for our family who is dying to learn ASL.  I think it will be fantastic for not only Nik to experience full time sign language but the entire family as well.  It is for roughly a month before he heads off to school.  I think it will be very exciting for us all though.  I mean we have the room as we were planning for the 3 new kiddos here anyhow.  I know we have a lot going on but we always have a lot going on.  Very seldom do we get an opportunity like this.  When one comes along to learn something new and beneficial, I think we should go for it.  We are.  Never pass up a chance to learn something new or experience something different.  Never.  Plus, with this crazy bunch at Chaos Manor, he may say get me out of here before he moves in.  LOL.  Seriously though, we're looking forward to this experience.  Keep you all posted.  Just had to share.  Much more to come today.  After two days of trying to wash the van, we are really going to get it done today.  I'll finish the trip pictures later today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment