Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Sweet message

 I recently received an email regarding our newest addition, Digby.  Thought it was very sweet of her to write to be able to fill in a little of Digby's history.  I know even more that it was the right decision to adopt him.  Wonder how long he was nameless.  How long he wandered the streets.  How long he longed to be off the chain.  Just wanted to share.

Hello.  


My name is Angie and I am the animal control officer that originally picked up “Digby”.


I was forwarded your e-mail by Tonya and I felt the need to reach out to you. Thanks so much for giving a great dog a wonderful new home!


I first saw Alexander at a house in Clayton. He was just lying in the front yard, watching the world go by. I noticed that he did not have a collar on, so I stopped to make sure that he belonged there. No one was home that day, so I left a note. The next day a gentleman called me back and stated that the dog ( he did not even have a name L) was a stray that had showed up a year and a half ago. He said that he felt sorry for him, so he fed him and left a bowl of water out. This man did not even know if xander was a boy or girl! I explained to him that he needed to be neutered and vaccinated and that town ordinance stated that he had to be fenced in or kept inside. If course, that would have required something more than the basics…so I was asked to remove “the dog”.


Everyone needs a name, so that was the first order or business. I knew this dog was special…So…I began calling rescues. No one could take him, they were all full! SO… I called Tonya. Tonya is a lot like me, she has a problem saying no. J Tonya made room.


I was glad to hear that he reached out and grabbed your hearts! Sometimes, love just chooses us doesn’t it!?






Kiss him for me and good luck with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment