Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Camp Cheerio (waterslide & dance)

Friday afternoon at Camp Cheerio, they had a giant waterslide.  It's always freezing, hence why you hardly ever see an adult go down that thing.  LOL.  I told the kids next year I would.  Yeh, I'm doubting it too but it looks like so much fun I might have to give it a try one year.  And why not when I turn 40, right?  We'll see.  I know the kids would laugh their butts off. 


 Nik coming down the slide at full speed.  Nothing slowing him down!


 Does Alex look like he's having fun or what?


Bojan enjoying his turn.  Why he kept the hat on, I'll never know.  


 Yana and Alyona.  Alyona was ready for the spooky dance.  All ages had such a great time with this one.  Loved some of the costumes too.  Unique! 


Really wished I'd known where some of these people got their costumes or masks from.  Amazing costumes.  There was a giant skeleton head that was so cool. Just didn't get a photo of him.  

After the spooky dance, we retired to our cabins for a good night's sleep.  I didn't sleep but most of the rest of them did.  Once the laughter was turned off of course.  We woke up the next day to go to breakfast at 8am.  


 Max & Yana waiting for some of the other kids to go to breakfast.  Just look at that sunshine and bright green grass.  Gorgeous.  Wonderful temps too.


Alex & Alyona are practicing the moonwalk.  They were doing it at the spooky dance so these two were trying to see if they could do it.  Too funny.


Nice view in the morning before breakfast, isn't it?  It was rather cloudy most of the weekend and stormy here and there. Nonetheless, it was awesome to see the mountains, horses, clouds and breathe in the fresh mountain air.  Just relaxing and after these last few months with the investigation happening & 3 simultaneous international adoptions, I needed a relaxing feel.  More pictures to come from Camp Cheerio in Roaring Gap, NC. 

No comments:

Post a Comment