Monday, March 28, 2011

Orenburg Reunion!!!

 As you all know, our first two kids are from Orenburg, Russia.  Well, actually Orsk & Abdulino.  Anyhow, thought I'd copy the info about the Orenburg Reunion this year in case anyone new would like to go.  It is a blast!  They have it every single year.  We went last year to VA.  We tend to make a mini vacation out of it but since it's in NC this year, we're just going for the day.  Do let me know if any of you are interested in attending.  There are new & old faces there every single year.  Love it!  And so do the kids.  Contact me & I'll put you in touch w/ the hosts... the Flynns.  Hope I got the name right. 


Dear Fellow Orenburg Families,


Happy March (yikes, how did it get to be March already??)! I want to e-mail
you some more details regarding the 2011 Orenburg reunion.


The actual reunion will take place Saturday, June 25 in Joanie Moser Memorial
Park, which is located at 601 Lewisville-Clemmons Rd. in Lewisville NC (about
10 mins West of Winston-Salem). Details on the park, as well as
maps/directions are located here:
http://www.co.forsyth.nc.us/Parks/JoanieMoser/
The park has a great shelter which is reserved for us, two playgrounds,
volleyball area, horsehoe area, etc. It also has a softball field, which I
have reserved for the annual kickball game.


I don't have a time yet, but I anticipate the event being a lunch and
afternoon type thing. I am working on menu, and am thinking subs, drinks,
chips, munchies, dessert. I know we have at least one vegetarian. Anybody
else with special dietary needs?


We have a hotel with a block of rooms reserved for us. The hotel is the
Courtyard by Marriott in Winston-Salem. Website is here:
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/intsr-courtyard-winston-salem-hanes-mall/
Phone number is 336-760-5777, and the block is under Orenburg reunion. The
rooms I reserved all have two double beds, and our group rate is $99/nite,
which includes a full breakfast. They do have other room configurations,
including rooms with pullout sofas, just ask when you call. The hotel is near
any number of restaurants, shopping, etc, and about a 10-15 minute drive to
the park for the reunion. The block is set aside for us to make reservations
until June 1, and you can reserve any nights between June 21 and June 27.


The hotel has a nice pool and gazebo area, so I figure we can retreat there
when the reunion itself is over, and cool off/hang out together.


I think that's all the major details so far.


If you are wondering about Winston-Salem, and what to do while you're in town,
here are some quick ideas: We have several cool historic sites, including Old
Salem and Bethabara Park, we have a minor league baseball team - the
Winston-Salem Dash. We're home to several universities. Wake Forest
University has a particularly nice campus to walk around on. We're about 1.5
hours from the Blue Ridge. If you want more ideas, just let me know!


Have to run, but please let me know if you have any questions.


We look forward to seeing you all in a few months!


Katherine, Corey, Natalia, and Lexie

No comments:

Post a Comment