Thursday, March 24, 2011

Max's makings

Long overdue for a Max's makings post.  For those new, my son Max is always whittling wood & making something or another.  He made the see-saw we have and the bike rack.  It's awesome.  Now, he was feeling a bit guilty about hitting his brother w/ the shovel though it was an accident.  Max knew he couldn't walk.  So, Max was thinking.


Tools in hand and other hand full.  He has that look of I'm not sure how I'm going to make this or what I'm going to come up with.  


A big stick.  At first, I wasn't quite sure what he was going to do.  But then things started to take shape.  A final product was produced.


Max made a cane for Bojan.  Sanded it & everything & made it flat at the bottom.  Put a tennis ball on it so as not to scratch up the floors.  Bojan was excited.  They were trying to pose in this picture.  The rest of the weekend, they pretended to be yoda with that stupid cane.  I'm tired of Yoda's voice right now.  I"ve said it before & I'll say it again.  These two truly are very close brothers.  It is amazing to watch.  Inseparable.  Max had an opportunity to get his own room a few years ago but gave it to Yana instead.  I now know why.  He & Bojan stay up the night making either stupid movies or re-enacting movies.  Brothers through and through for sure.  

Just wanted to share more of Max's creativity.  More to come over the weekend.  He turns 16 years old on Sunday!!!  Yikes! 

3 comments:

  1. Oh! They grow too fast! My just turned 16 yr old is not excited about growing up at all, he loves being a kid!
    (((HUGS))) to both boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a thought. I wouldn't like it if someone called the things I liked to do stupid...especially my mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I wasn't referring so much to the cane being stupid as I was to the continual talking like Yoda every time they had the cane in their hands. You try hearing Yoda's voice all weekend see how crazy you sound. (trying to talk like Yoda here. LOL). Max knows full well that we love the stuff he makes & trust me, he gets complimented QUITE a bit on it.

    ReplyDelete