Monday, March 7, 2011

Manic Monday

It is definitely a manic Monday for sure.  Crazy stuff.  Finished  a letter we needed to write regarding our current situation that I still am unable to fully disclose.  Sorry.  Has to be though.  Anyhow, it's done.  Pray that things continue to head toward the right direction & that truth will continue to prevail. Yesterday we did manage to get quite a bit done.  Despite Yana handing me an IEP meeting paper at 5pm.  It's for today of course at 2pm.  Not sure what I'm going to say.  It is for an annual review & to discuss what track we want to do for high school.  Right now, I have very mixed feelings about it all.  Yana is trying...to a point.  In addition, she does ALL homework & that is "fluffing" her real grades.  Reason I say that is b/c she is not getting any information out of school. Otherwise, she wouldn't fail all tests & quizzes. That's how you determine if someone has retained the info & she has not.  Yet, school wants to push her along anyhow.  When you have a child that needs academic help, you don't keep pushing them through the system.  You figure out how to help them.  Maybe they have new info, I don't know.  We'll see.

Only appointment medically that we have this week is to get Bojan's leg adjusted again.  Other than that, nothing.  So, I think I"ll make an appointment.  Been having trouble w/ my right leg lately & guessing it's the veins.  We'll see.  Varicose veins are hereditary & I know for a fact I have some.  Always better to be safe than sorry.  I'll call tomorrow.  Not sure how long the wait is but at least I'll be on the list.

No news on the adoption front.  Hopefully, we can hear some info soon.

Some really awesome news is that a local church has volunteered to help our family out & get the room ready for the new girls.  We are thrilled!  Patching up the boys' room and then painting it for the girls.  Also, we may be able to do some work on the rotting window sills.  This help couldn't have come at a better time.  More on it in a bit.  Date will be April 9th. 

Kids are doing much better this week as are we.  Nice to get back to normal.  Well, as normal as it gets around here.  Praying for a quiet week for a change.  I have so much to catch up on and trying to get it done one thing at a time. 

Great news is Alyona has finally, finally slept on a bed!  Took her forever to get to this point but excited for her.  She was having a difficult time deciding if she really wanted to sleep under the bed or on it.  Of course, she kept telling me she was too excited to sleep.

Started this earlier today.  Had the IEP and it went as expected.  We are doing a re-val on her and getting a better idea of where she is at.  Yana is very weak in math as I suspected.  Not many FAS/FAE kids excel in math.  Just the way it is.  They have trouble processing the steps in the problems.  However, she has gotten further than any of my other kids in regards to math.  She has a love & passion for poetry and teacher said she's pretty decent at it.  We are trying to find a way to help her by focusing on her strengths in academics not the weaknesses.  We'll get there.  We are having another meeting right before school's out and going over some things together.  I do worry about her in high school.  Time will tell.

Nothing else today.  Oh, yeh.  Alaska has figured out how to climb up & over hte fence. She escapes every single time.  URGHH!!!  We spent the day chasing her and Max had to bury a dead squirrel.  Max is like "shouldn't we say a prayer or something."  My response:  "Max, I'm not giving some ulogy for a squirrel.  Just dig the hole & be done."  Retrospect, I probably should have been a bit more sympethetic but hard to get attached to a squirrel that's made a disaster of your yard.  Maybe next time.  LOL.  Lots more to do tonight.  Laundry for one and filling out app for Camp Cheerio.  And, responding to Orenburg Reunion.  It's in NC so no hotel needed. Yeh.  More later.  Chicken is in the oven and homework is calling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment