Friday, March 11, 2011

Flabulous to Fabulous & bits & pieces

Oh my oh my.  So much happening here.  Okay, so started this post this morning and then no phone or internet for quite a few hours.  I had so much going on today & really needed at least a phone.  Hey, it happens.  Littles have left and it's Friday.  My kids are all playing outside w/ their friends so it's my chance to play catch up.  Then, get busy to making meatballs for dinner.  Yumm, baked meatballs.  I don't even know where to start.  So much I want to share but tons I can't disclose yet.  Our situation is still ongoing but hopefully coming to an end the week after next.  More on that later. 

Okay, we have a major problem w/ the pups.  They are escaping.  At first, it was Alaska.  Today, Kota learned how to jump the back fence.  Lovely.  I need ideas and fast on how to fix this problem.  We can not do electrical fencing as I have kids here.  Can't afford to spend any more on a fence either.  So, no invisible fencing will work.  Ideas, please, please send them my way.  Alaska is part Austrailian Shepard.  We see a lot of this in her.  She can RUN.  And fast.  So, I need suggestions and solutions. 

Let's see, what else is going on.  Lots of organizing of appointments and such and happenings here.  Bojan just came in & I cleaned him up.  Hmm, let's see what the genuis did today.  Just before he did something, he said this to his friend " stupid things have consequences."  Anyone even want to hazard a guess at what he did today?  Anyone?  I can't hold it in any longer.  He decided to hang by his feet (keep in mind, one prosthetic that is new) and go down the zip line like that.  Yes, yes he did.  Came home w/ bandaids all over his back.  You have to see this.  I actually took pictures b/c Bojan wanted to see what his back looked like.  Remember, the kids put the bandaids on.  I'll put them up on here one day.  I asked the boys, did you clean the wounds first.  Can you even guess that answer?  No.  Of course not.  So, I peel all the bandaids off and clean it up.  He landed on pinecones, leaves, and sticks.  Looked like major road rash.  I think it was a lesson learned. 

Otherwise, kids are doing pretty well.  I am too.  Trying to shake some under the weather cold.  That is just b/c of the last 2 stressful weeks.  Some of the most stress I've ever had in my life.  That brings me to that stress diet I'm involuntarily on.  I lost 6 lbs. last week but nothing this week which makes sense.  I will be getting back to normal soon I hope.  Once the stress is away, that will help.  Then it will just be normal adoption and school stress.  I can handle that though. 

We may take the kids to the zoo tomorrow.  We'll see.  It's supposed to be beautiful outside.  Have something to share regarding Nik but want to wait till I have pictures tomorrow.  VERY proud of him!  Oh, Alex got another 100 on a math test but now I'm questioning the teacher.  How can you get a 100 if I ask him 9 X 3 and he answers 6?  Doesn't make sense.  We have an IEP meeting coming up.  Should be interesting.  They want to leave stuff as is.  Umm, NO.  Changes will be made.  I'll have a separate post about the schools here soon.  We have some big decisions to make.  Though in our minds, we've already made them. 

I do need to get going.  More posts to come.  Catching up this weekend on posts.  So, one on schooling.  One on the good pups.  One on random pictures.  Plan on a semi-relaxing evening.  Teen girls are gone w/ a friend to the skating rink.  Hope you all enjoy your evening.  Lots more to share.  It's just been very busy this week & I'm trying to do one thing at a time.  Where is that 50 hour day when you need it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment