Thursday, March 3, 2011

Dark before dawn

Just wanted to say we're still here.  Alive.  I will start this blog back up later this week. Just been an extremely mentally, emotionally & physically exhausting week.  Hey, at least the flabulous to fabulous post should look good on Friday.  Since this past Friday, I've lost 6 lbs.  Still trying to eat, just not that hungry.  I can't share what is happening yet but hope to soon.  For those praying & thinking of us & helping us, a big thank you.  Means the world to us right now as we're going in ten thousand different directions.  Came across a song & even heard it on the radio on the way to church Sunday morning.  It is SO appropriate for right now & how I'm feeling.  It is the dark before the dawn for sure.  After listening all the way through, it helps.  Sometimes going through dark times to realize just how great the joyful times are help.  Though I knew we were happy in our family before this event, after this event, you realize just how happy & content your family is and the daily joys you have.  When those are disrupted or taken away, it has a profound effect on you.  Truly, you don't know happiness until someone or something takes that away.  Not thinking anything of it every morning when the kids kiss us goodbye.  Not thinking anything of it w/ all the laughter at the dinner table when Max & Bojan are doing their stupid movie skits.  Not thinking anything of all the little pictures made for us.  Not thinking of all the little things that make our family who we are.  The smiles, the laughter, the sheer joy of jumps on the trampoline.  All that for the past for days has been halted in its' tracks.  It's been very difficult to see this change in our children.  We know the normalcy will come back soon.  We are working on that for them.  Again, I'll write more later.  Just here to say don't take all the happiness you experience on a daily basis for granted.  If anything, this event in our lives has taught us that.  I saw this song on the web & then heard it on the way to church this past Sunday.  It is so appropriate for how I'm feeling.  When you listen to the whole song it just makes sense.  Puts everything in perspective for us.  Dark times to prepare us for the joy that's coming.

 

You know, I'm not sure that video link came up so trying a different way:

Either way, great thing to listen to.  We will be back up & running most likely tomorrow, Friday.  I will be very limited as to what I can say so hope you understand.  Enjoy the week.  Trust me, I'm sure it's been better than ours!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful song. I pray that things are going better for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had you in my thoughts and prayers. Glad to hear your doing alright.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you got my last e-mail to you. :o)
    Sending (((HUGS))) and prayers, hang in there whatever it is He can overcome it for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there Stephanie!
    Praying for you all,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete