Friday, March 4, 2011

Camp Cheerio!!!!

It's that time of year again!  Time to get registered for Camp Cheerio!  Our family absolutely adores this place.  The first year we had received a scholarship to go.  After visiting, we were hooked for years to come.  LOL.  It is for us, a retreat, a gathering of friends old & new, new experiences and so many other things that come to mind.  We learn an incredible amount each & every time we are there.  There are speakers, cuers, & signers there.  It's a wonderful mix & everyone blends so well together.  If you have a hearing impaired child or deaf child, I encourage you to go.  It truly will benefit you in some way or another.  We feel that strongly about it & I believe so does every one else that attends year after year.  Usually, you come once, you come for life.  LOL.   Our first year in attendance was 2007.  We went every year since too.  It is beyond fun.  Short but filled w/ fun & learning.  Here is the link to the website & registration.  It is in Roaring Gap, NC.  You will NOT be disappointed if you attend.  I guarantee it.  Here's the link:  Camp Cheerio .  thought it would be nice to share how my kids have grown.  I for some reason can not for the life of me find the 2007 Camp picture.  I'm bummed.  I know I have one, just can't find it.  So, here are group photos of 2008, 2009, 2010. 


I always take a picture of the kids in front of the cabin right when we get there.  Why?  Because I really won't see them much the rest of the weekend as they'll be having too much fun!  Nik looks so little to me.  Even Max.  


The difference in Max & Bojan in one year is amazing.  They really grew!  This shot was from 2009.  

This was from last year.  I still can't believe how big they're getting.  Can't wait to see this year's shot.  

Come on out to Camp cheerio.  It is just the best.  You learn so much.  You really do.  The views are spectacular.  VERY relaxing and my kids feel so at home there.  They talk about it all year long.  Hope to see new faces there.  Any questions, ask me & I'll be happy to answer.  Can't wait to see what this year brings.  I know there is now an annual canoe trip planned for the first time this year.  Maybe I'll get to go w/ the teens on that one!  Too early to tell the kids about Camp Cheerio but I know they'll be asking soon.  It's in May every year.  

More later.  Told you, lots to catch up on now.  This is one of those good things that was coming.  We are also going to the Orenburg Reunion.  Irina and Max were adopted from Orenburg, Russia & we try to go to the reunion every year.  Last year, it was in VA.  This year, here in NC.  Have a wonderful weekend.  I'll try to catch up some posts on here.  Like I said, only plan on going to the museums maybe & some new shoes for everyone.  Low key weekend. 

2 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This camp looks so fun!!! I'm hoping so much we can find something like that for our entire family to starting attending. Hearing impirement is not one of our current SN's otherwise I'd be signing us right up this camp as it looks so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete