Friday, January 14, 2011

Flabulous to Fabulous

Yes, I'm back in the swing of things.  I was one of the millions I'm sure that made the ever so popular New Year's Resolution to lose weight.  I was doing great before the holiday season but then totally slacked off in December.  And ate cookies.  And fudge.  And cake. And whatever had that chocolately goodness about it.  Well, I decided it was time for a permanent changed.  I had gained weight over Christmas so that was enough.  Couldn't stand it any more.  Decided on little steps would work best for me.  They say it usually takes 10 days to develop a habit.  I started doing that.  Piece by piece.  One change at a time so that it becomes a habit.

Some little habits I'm now doing are little but I figure every little bit helps.  Apparently some of my germaphobe's neurotic behavior has been passed onto me.  I know take Vitamin C Hall's drop once a day as do my kids.  I know in my mind they don't really make a difference but if anything, makes me feel good about finally taking some sort of vitamin.  Okay, I also take vitamin D as my deficiency was so bad, it was almost non-existent.  It was REALLY beyond low.  Doc was very concerned last year but it's totally back to normal and am "supposed" to be on 1000 to 2000mg each day.  I say supposed to b/c some times I am bad about remembering to take it.  Hmm, maybe they should make it flavored like those Vitamin C drops. LOL.  Anyhow, my D levels are checked regularly just to make sure.  Getting them checked made a really huge difference in my life.

I've also made it a habit of drinking at least 4 glasses of water a day.  Hey, it takes awhile to shoot for that 8.   But, it has become a habit for me now which is what I was shooting for.  So, I've accomplished drinking more water each day, taking vitamin C & D, stretching, and weight lifting for a few minutes each night.  All these things have become habits that I do each& every day.  By next week, I want to tell you all I have cardio workouts on that list of "habits."  I've started cardio & have done it for a few days but wait to put it on the habits list until I've done it for 10 days in a row.  I'm actually pretty proud.  I know they sound like small steps but baby steps lead to big steps. 

As far as weight loss goes, I was 197.6 lbs. last week.  Today, I'm 194.4.  So, 3.2 lbs. in a week.  I know it's not much but it IS a start.  I feel if I can keep the habits up & the motivation, I can do it.  What helps is reporting on here. I was dead beat tired last night, did not feel like working out but remember I had to be accountable on here.  Bummer.  Worked out and felt 100% better that I did it.  My goal for next week is to add walking to the regimine every day and say that cardio became a habit.  Keeping fingers crossed.  Oh, and I really want to be done to 191 but not sure if that is a reasonable goal right now.  Shooting for it but even if I loose just a pound next week, I'd be happy.  It would mean I'm losing, not gaining.  So, at 194, I press on.  Hoping to get to 191 next week.  I know 3 lbs. a week in a normal workout is not usually obtainable.  they say 1 to 2 lbs. per week is ideal.  Either way, I'll be happy if I loose anything. 

Overall, feeling better about getting stuff done.  Getting healthy.  So now, off for a walk w/ the "littles."  It's finally decently sunny outside & I think it's important we enjoy it.  Have a wonderful weekend and hope to post more later on today.  For those who haven't started back into health & fitness yet, it is definitely worth it for sure.  You will feel better.  Okay, honestly, the first week is tough to get in the swing of things but after that, second nature.  Good luck to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment