Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas came early!!! (part III)

Time to finish this post up as this is from two weekends ago.  So, any guesses on that surprise in NC?? 


You guessed it.  We got SNOW in NC on December 4th!  Truly an unusual event for here.  Max made  snow ice balls.  He was mad that I wouldn't let him throw them at anyone.  Doesn't Max look like an old man in this hat??  


Alyona getting ready to go out that same day.  In her new coat.  Notice the half done job on the porch?  One has holly berries in it and the one on the left does not.  Today is the 14th.  Is it done yet?  Umm, no.  My life tends to go this direction some times.  And, that's okay.  We go with the flow here.  That's why there's a Fall doormat with a Christmas wreath.  Oh well.  


This is a redneck attempt at a snow angel.  He ended up all muddy on the back.  Sad part is, he wanted to get all the sleds out.  My kids love snow.  


After an afternoon of playing in the snow & visiting w/ family, my parents took us out to eat.  We went to one of our favorite places...Logan's Roadhouse.  Kids love it b/c they can eat peanuts and throw the shells on the floor.  LOL.  Nik was fascinated w/ the vibrating call button.  Kids did really well having to wait that long.  Other FAS parents can imagine the Christmas stimulation, the out of routine day, the snow, the excitement, the waiting at the restaurant and well, it could have turned out differently.  Talked w/ all of them in the car before we even went in.  They did just fine. 


The chefs at Logan's are so great.  They will make the fire go way up for the kids watching.  Obviously, my kids are mesmorized by this.  


My parents that treated us to the spectacular day we all had.  My kids call my Dad Poppop and my mom Nana Babushka.  Babushka is the Russian word for grandmother.  My mom hates that name.  Remember, my grandfather(her dad) was Russian Orthodox.  They know too many of the real "babushkas."  



They both will kill me for posting this picture but I'll suffer the consequences.  My kids love the yeast rolls here.  They are super soft and just great before a meal.  

All in all, a very enjoyable day.  I was nervous at first as we all haven't been together for so long.  however, it turned out better than I could have imagined.  We all got to laugh again and think we all needed that.  Well, need to get going.  It's Tuesday and we are way behind on our to do list.  We did buy Irina her early birthday present today... a new bed.  She is thrilled.  It comes Thursday.  She's had the same kid's bed for almost 11 years now.  It has been repaired more than it's fair share & honestly, don't know what's holding it together at this point in time.  Bojan went to Duke today.  He's out of the AFO and the boot.  Wahoo!!!  Surgery will be in 4 months.  That will hopefully be his last surgery on that clubfoot.  Maybe.  enjoy your evening.  It's chilly in here.  Warren is putting plastic over the fireplace as the living room is like an icebox.  Wind blows right through the fireplace and all the old windows.  Some times, I swear it would be warmer to live in a tent.  LOL.  Great news is we have very warm beds w/ lots of comforters on them.  And, can't be too cold b/c my teenage son decided to turn the air conditioner on.  URGHH!!!  He had the air conditioner on AND the heat at the same time.  Again...URGHH!!!  Stay tuned for more happenings at Chaos Manor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment