Monday, November 1, 2010

URGHHH!!!!-- USCIS--- MAJOR ROADBLOCK!!!

Okay, I'm catching my breath after just getting off the phone w/ immigration.  As you know, prints were last week.  Approval could have been this week.  Is it?  No.  I'm so distraught right now, I literally almost have no words.  I need to go pick up Nik from school so this will be short.  I'll fill you all in later tonight.  Right now, running around making phone calls like mad to agencies and trying to do everything humanly possible to get things expedited.  Luckily, I have the BEST agencies who understand and do things for this crazy family.  Anyhow, they will not issue approval.  They are "invoking the right to treat my child as an adult."  Yes, this was quoted to me.  It doesn't have to be done but it is being done.  In other words, since Irina is turning 18 at the end (27th) of December, they want her fingerprinted, child abuse checked, addendum to homestudy & the whole 9 yards.  I have a list of forms to send in.  Yes, more money & I will get to that later.  Shocked, heartbroken, angry, & the whole gamet of emotions is inside me right now.  Now, in the defense of the agent who did this to us, I DO understand his reasoning once he explained it.  However, I do know that this has inevitably made us come to a grinding halt in the process.  I SO wanted to be over in Bulgaria in early December as that's what it was looking like.  I'm crushed.  I don't blame USCIS for doing it, I do indeed understand the reasoning.  Just doesn't make it any easier to swallow.  Have to go pick up Nik.  Getting activated today.  More later.  Heartbroken, disappointed, saddened by it all.  Irina is no more of an adult than the other kids.  I hate the adoption rollercoaster ride.  More to come. 

4 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear this, Stephanie. I have been there this year with NBC and I did not agree with or understand their reasoning for our particular issue. Neither did our HS or placing agencies. Nonetheless, I can relate to your heartbreak, disappointment, frustration, sadness, etc. Deep breaths... this, too, shall pass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGHHHHHHHHHHH Ok, I understand it, with the timing and everything. BUT STILL! The good thing is, her Adam Walsh should (in theory) come back quickly, and an addendum to the homestudy should only take a day to prepare if your s.w. is willing and able to move quickly on it. Then overnight it. Still, what a pain in the neck. It'll get done. Just a speed bump. Take a deep breath. UGHHHH hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. perhaps this is God's way of protecting you - maybe you would've wasted not only your time but TONS of money going over to Bulgaria only to have a hold-up because of this.

    maybe i'm wrong. i'm not claiming to have all the answers, just TRYING to find something positive to give you to hold on to.

    but i know that does NOT make it easier or less painful, and for that reason, i'll be praying for you.

    and praying that this bump is sorted out quickly & without adding too much extra money to an already-overly-expensive process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grrrrr..I am so sorry to hear about this delay for your family! :(((

    ReplyDelete