Friday, August 13, 2010

Flabulous to Fabulous

Well, totally forgot to weigh in this morning but will do it next week.  I can tell you I am getting stronger for sure.  I feel better.  Well, when the allergies aren't in full force.  Best part is, I think my hard work is showing somewhat.  I have horrible family history in regards to the heart.  High bp & cholesterol run in my family & so I am followed by a cardiologist as preventative maintenance.  I am on NO cholesterol meds & plan to keep it that way.  Anyhow, as part of maintenance, they check me ever so years w/ a stress test.  And not just any stress test.  This is the big guns folks.  The nuclear medicine stress test.  They inject you w/ a radioactive isotope so they can clearly see everything in your heart and how it functions.  Blood flow, arteries, etc.  I went to the room waiting for my results and cardiologist said "it's perfect!"  Nothing's broke so we're not changing a thing.  Then he said "go out and have a nice lunch."  I go back in December for a cholesterol check.  I was more than thrilled that it came out that way.  When you have children and special needs children, you want to make sure that you above all stay healthy yourself.  I'm working on the weight part but nice to know the heart is here to stay awhile.  LOL.  I am doing cardio almost every night.  Weightlifting everyday and will get back into the walking again.  It honestly is hard to want to walk when it's over 100 degrees and so humid that you literally start sweating when you walk outside.  Still determined to lose 20 lbs. by the time we meet our kids so I definitely need to hustle here.  Just had to share the good heart news.  Enjoy your day everyone.  Be active. 

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work!! Too often we forgot that our health is as important as our kids. If you are determined you can do anything!!! Keep working and building strength!!! We need to set a good example to keep our kids active

    ReplyDelete