Friday, July 23, 2010

Flabulous to Fabulous

I thought it was high time I got back on track from flabulous to fabulous Friday posts.  I fell off that weight loss wagon the last few weeks and must admit, I am very ashamed.  But, a few things have changed.  Exercise is a definite stress reliever for me and this adoption rollercoaster is full of stress.  I woke up this morning and stretched and weight lifted before breakfast.  With a heat index of 110 today, not much outside activity going on until later today.  Our neighborhood has a walking club!  I start this evening.  It is M-F at 7:45 pm.  Irina and Yana are joining me. Though Yana is currently going w/ the runners of the group.  I'll catch up to her.  LOL.  Saturday & Sunday they go at 6:30am.  Umm, yeh, I'm not making those sessions.  So, the plan is to stick w/ stretching, weight lifting, and walking daily.  I want to add 50 laps of swimming most days that I can.  Current weight is 192.  So, no gaining.  That's a good thing.  I want to be in the 180's by next week.  You all can track along.  I think having the walking club will hold me more accountable.  No excuses.  They come by the house!  Can't get out of it then, huh? 

I also think having an outlet away from the kids sometimes is a good thing.  Well, two will be w/ me but no big deal.  A break from the chaos to regroup and speak w/ other adults.  No worrying about what they're doing.  I'm VERY excited about all this.  Another biggie, I had given up chocolate.  Now, I'm very much a chocoholic and would have chocolate in some form or fashion nearly everyday.  Seriously.  Can't believe I just admitted that.  I'm not a coffee drinker so chocolate is my little bit of evil I suppose.  2 days, no chocolate. Then, came today.  I taste-tested my homemade icing for the cake I made for the volunteers coming over this weekend.  No more though.  I didn't even have any ice cream today w/ the kids.  It's baby steps but I'm gettign there.  I said Warren & I want to be at least 20 lbs. lighter for our first trip.  I'm trying to limit the caloric intake as well to about 1200 calories a day.  Coming pretty close each time.  So, with these steps, I will do it!  I have no doubt.  I have more motivation than ever before and my friends in the neighborhood are pushing me.  They may have to push me home in this heat today but I'll get there.  I think during an adoption having another thing to focus on does everyone some good.  got to go.  Think the "littles" will be up from their naps soon.  Warren is getting ready to clean out the garage.  Huge job.

Today, went to SOS office.  Day later than I thought we would.  Turns out, 2 docs were not done correctly.  So, off to the bank soon to get renotarized & then apostilled on Monday.   Sad part was, I double checked these & can usually spot the notaries mistakes.  We've had wrong names, wrong ink, wrong wording on previous stuff that I've caught. This time, she forgot to acknowledge it.  Easy mistake, it happens.  It's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, just something else I need to add to that ever growing list of things to do.  Par for the course.  My final two references that we had to have in addition to the other 3, are being very gracious to write their letters quickly.  Told you we had the best friends and neighbors ever!  Seriously, we do.  More to come this weekend.  We will be very busy working.  heat index today is 110.  Work is outside.  Got to love it.  When I say we have dedicated friends and neighbors, I am NOT lying or exaggerating.  These are people volunteering their time to come and help us out and help us work on things for the new kids.  I still have yet to think of how I'm going to thank them all.  Incredible people for sure.  More on that at the end of the weekend.  Come on over if anyone would like.  Anyone is welcomed.  I ahve a feeling we'll be working/ swimming/ working/ swimming.  LOL. 

No comments:

Post a Comment