Friday, June 4, 2010

BIG THANKS!!!

Just wanted to say thanks.  Thanks to everyone for donating to the $10K in 20 days campaign.  It spoke volumes to many hearts.  A little over $8600 was raised.  But more was raised in spirit and awareness I feel.  The woman who started this is just simply amazing.  I know I've said that before but she has given so much to so many just out of her heart.  Such a self-less act takes mounds of courage.  I admire that more than you can imagine.  I hope one day to be able to do the same for others.  She has touched so many lives.  More than just the 26 families she's helped or even the countless orphans that will come home b/c of that help.  It is so much bigger than that.  I do wish there was something we could do for Courtney.  For now, all I can say is thanks even though I know she deserves so much more than that.  Our family received $147 as did 24 other families.  One family received $5000 from a random drawing.  That family is even closer now to bringing their baby home from Ethiopia.  What a journey!  Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.  I will try to do a few updates if this computer holds up.  We have 17 wonderful kiddos to find homes for.  Deaf/ HOH kids.  More on that tomorrow.  More later on many things.  Great things happening.  We have some awesome friends is all I can say. 

1 comment:

  1. I have a friend that has a heart for deaf ! She and her husband are starting the adoption process!! I would LOVE any information you have on children available that I can pass on to her!! You can email me at passion4orphans@gmail.com Thanks!

    ReplyDelete