Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Blooms and bananas

Well, you know I need something to get my mind off the upcoming homestudy visits, right?  So, I decided to purchase some bananas that were on sale.


There were many, many more than this.  I thought banana bread would be a great idea.  Till I realize it only takes about 3 bananas to make just one loaf.  Yes, I have about 19 loaves to make.  LOL.  I gave some to Yana's teachers today and some to a neighbor.  There will be plenty more loaves to give away.  So, if you are local or a neighbor, come and get it.  I'm making more tomorrow.  Kids love it so it helps.  I will freeze some as well.  For now though, I'm frankly tired of banana nut bread.  

More blooms to keep my mind occupied as well.  I love spring and love color.  I seemed to have globbed onto purple, pink and white this year.  But, I think it has done well so stickign to it.  Some pics to follow.


I just am in love with the brightness and clarity of this color.  This is a close up of one of my hydrangea bushes.  You can click on it to get a better look.  It just makes me smile going up the walk and seeing these.  I think we have 12 hydrangea shrubs now.  I  Warren divides them at the end of the season and replant.  It definitely helps w/ free shrubs.  



Ahh, my fushcia plants.  These are on my front porch entrance.  I tried them one year and have been hooked ever since.  They last the entire summer w/ continuous blooms.  Definitely make sure you keep them watered though or they'll die out quickly.  How can you not smile looking at these things?!  I have yet to find a way to make them a perennial though.  LOL.  They are shade loving.  The ones above are just starting to bloom.  You should see them once they get going.  Just gorgeous and something to really take in a good long look.  Yes, it helps to disguise the mold growing on the handrails.  


No, I know it's not pink or purple but it is beautiful nonetheless.  This is my first blooming Iris of the season.  We have yellow irises.  NOw, they are all in full bloom.  You can see some of the ones behind this one getting ready to bloom.  Makes the yard pop as well.  Best part, they come back every year and we don't have to do a thing to them.  Low maintenance for sure.  

I have more flowers, of course.  Just needed to post something different.  Bojan's concert was short but sweet.  Cute to see the 4th graders attempting music.  Yes, he can play the recorder even w/ a missing finger and shortened digits.  We do get asked that.  Only thing I wished he'd do...practice more.  Bojan did fine and we had a nice time.  We let the teens stay home.  They did okay but Irina and Yana got into some tiff about cleaning up.  Remember, we're talking Oscar and Felix here.  Tomorrow I'm taking the kids I sit to a church story time.  Should be fun.  Then, a wasted attempt to get the house in a little better order.  Will it be successful?  It's anybody's guess.  I call it the lived in look.  Doesn't help that we are trying to rearrange the rooms upstairs.  Well, need to get some more stuff done and more banana nut bread made.  More posts to come.  One specifically about homestudies.  The good, the bad and the ugly. 

1 comment:

  1. My hubby makes some yummy banana muffins....
    I can smell them cooking now!

    Good luck with the home study.
    You got this..piece of cake!

    ReplyDelete