Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thoughtful Thursday

For those new, every Thursday, I try to think of at least one thoughtful thing each of my kids has done for the week.  Sometimes, that is easier said than done.  Many w/ FAS and RAD children have to look for the good in things b/c it is so easy to get lost in the "bad" that goes on.  I have to remind myself of that somedays.  Today, was one of those days... a long, drawn out day that you wanted to end.  Somedays I just repeat to myself "with every new day, there is fresh hope."  May sound crazy but it is the truth.  It is not all roses here.  But this day is about the good and that is what I want to share.  So, here goes.

Irina-- Saw that we were having a rough night after basketball so she kindly offered to make all her brothers and sisters' lunches for them.  Very thoughtful for sure. 

Max--Knowing his dad has been working hard and a bit tired lately, Max has been offering to help around the house w/ projects and such. 

Yana-- brought me my jacket from the car after I made a comment at the McDonald's playground that I was cold.  She didn't have to do that.  She was just being thoughtful.

Bojan-- saw that Alex & Nik needed help cleaning up their room before the worker came so he volunteered to help them.  He was being very thoughtful towards his brothers. 

Alyona-- helped walk the two toddlers home that I babysit.  She volunteered to carry the stuff over there w/ the tot's older sister.  Alyona was just trying to help and being thoughtful as she knew the older sister had her hands full.

Alex-- Offered to find Nik's implant after it was lost.  And this was before we mentioned a monetary reward for it.  Alex realizes his brother needs this to hear and wanted to help him find it. 

Nik-- Has been making mommy some very sweet pictures lately and showing many signs of love and affection.  (Despite drawing a picture of humpty dumpty being pushed off the wall!-- tell you abotu that one later.  Warren and I about died in laughter)

It is always good for parents w/ children with mental health & behavioral issues to see the good that is in their children as well.  Makes a difference I feel.  Deep down, even the toughest kids can be very very thoughtful and sweet.  Hope you all have a great week.

1 comment: