Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thoughtful Thursday

This will be brief just b/c I'm tired.  Honestly, taxing day.  I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend.  Basketball, time w/ dinner guests, and working on the house some.  Nothing exciting, just want to mello out a bit.  May take the kids to a museum but not sure.  Wanted to hike but weather is not supposed to be that cooperative.  Later in March, we'll do the hike.

Just wanted to recognize some real thoughtfulness I've seen in some of my kids.  So, here goes a few.

Irina-- Knew Warren had a long day at work so decided on her own to make him coffee.  Very sweet and Warren appreciated it very much.

Max-- Played w/ one of the little toddlers I watch during the day.  Now, the little one asks when Max will come home.  He didn't have to play with him, but Max has a very gentleness about him w/ little kids. 

Yana-- Really took care of Alyona this week after surgery.  REally showed her kind side and was making her comfortable.

Bojan-- Asked me several times this week if there was anything he could help me out with.  No reason why, he was just being nice.

Alex-- Now, this one surprised me.  I was coming down the stairs, & Alyona was crying due to the pain of her surgery.  Alex was standing there, grabbed her towards him and put her head on his chest to comfort her.  Amazing, I know.  FYI, empathy IS possible w/ kids w/ RAD.  Takes time.  Lots of time.  Anyhow, I was impressed w/ this though didn't say a word as I knew Alex would not want me to. 

Alyona-- She tries to help with the toddlers if she comes home and they are still there.  In fact, when she was home w/ me after surgery, the next day she helped me babysit.  We even went outside to play next door and she pushed the 4 month old baby very gently.  Even though she felt bad(the pain), she was willing to help out.  Very thoughtful.

Nik--Was concerned about his sister having surgery and was making sure she was okay. 

Those are just a few short things I noticed around this week.  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment